Aero Jersey

alanholden
alanholden Posts: 53
edited June 2014 in Road buying advice
Can anyone recommend a short sleeved aero jersey with sleeves similar to what the pros use, my current Mavic Espoir jersey fits perfectly apart from the sleeves, which are very short and don't fit well at all. Don't have much money at the moment but would be happy to save up if there was something that fits the bill perfectly
(Preferably not black)

Thanks,
Alan
Ribble R872
Giant OCR 0T-Full Ultegra-ish

Comments

• Castelli?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    i've got a castelli aero race 5.0, it's lovely but not cheap

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/castelli-aero-r ... ng-jersey/

at high speed the lack of flapping/tugging/rippling is very noticeable, the waist band also keeps loaded pockets close and stable

on cooler days it feels like wearing nothing, so a mesh baselayer will often be a must, note the lack of collar

the older 4.0 version is a bit cheaper, but for so little price difference i'd stick with the 5.0

btw it's way better than the original 2012 aero race jersey which was very disappointing, you may see that going cheap but i really would not recommend it

a bit cheaper is http://www.wiggle.co.uk/sportful-bodyfi ... ro-jersey/ from castelli's parent company

check around for better prices/discount codes before buying
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Have a look at Decathlon 900 Aerofit, good quality for £49.99.
  • top_bhoy
    top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
    sungod wrote:
    i've got a castelli aero race 5.0, it's lovely but not cheap

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/castelli-aero-r ... ng-jersey/

at high speed the lack of flapping/tugging/rippling is very noticeable, the waist band also keeps loaded pockets close and stable

on cooler days it feels like wearing nothing, so a mesh baselayer will often be a must, note the lack of collar

the older 4.0 version is a bit cheaper, but for so little price difference i'd stick with the 5.0

btw it's way better than the original 2012 aero race jersey which was very disappointing, you may see that going cheap but i really would not recommend it

a bit cheaper is http://www.wiggle.co.uk/sportful-bodyfi ... ro-jersey/ from castelli's parent company

check around for better prices/discount codes before buying

I got that Sportful Bodyfit jersey and wore it for the first time at the track. After the track session I put it into my kit bag to take home for washing but it must have touched or rubbed against something when it was in the bag because by the time I took it out to wash, it was an absolute mess. I've never saw such a mess after only one wearing before so if you must get this type of fabric, put it in its own separate bag for washing. It is a very delicate fabric. I was disappointed with Merlins customer service because since there was no handling instructions for the fabric, I wanted to get in contact with Sportful. Despite several emails to Merlin there has been no response hence its a thumbs down to Sportful and Merlin from me.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Velcro mitts maybe ?
  • top_bhoy
    top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
    cougie wrote:
    Velcro mitts maybe ?
    Possibly, my entire kit was simply taken off and thrown in the bag...I've never had this happen before to any of my other jerseys some of which are several years old. I accept that not all fabrics are the same but my gripe is that if a fabric is so delicate that it is able to be damaged so easily by a routine act taken for granted by most , it should have had specific handling/care/storage instructions and it didn't. Washing instructions, yes. Once bitten, twice shy and if my experience and loss makes others aware prior to purchase of these type of fabrics, then its a good thing. While expensive, the jersey fitted well and looked awesome....pity I had only 2 hours wear out of it.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    the castelli one is also very easy to catch

i noticed that at the sides when i reach back the exposed velcro on some of my mitts have snagged a bit, nothing major but definitely needs more care than normal jersey materials
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny