Colnago AC-R team edition

russyh
russyh Posts: 1,375
edited September 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi guys,
In the market for a new do everything road bike, recently been down the route of aggressive geometry bikes which has quashed my love a little, seen me riding mtb more and more. As with anything there is not a problem in the world that can't be sorted by chucking money at it. I would normally buy used, but have seen a cracking deal on an acr at wiggle

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/colnago-ac-r-wiggle-honda-105/

Aware, it's not a proper Italian thorough bred, but it seemed like good value. Albeit I would look at upgrading a few bits over time to get it exactly how I wanted it. Reviews suggest it's not light, but mainly down to the wheelset and cheaper components. Which would be what I'm looking at changing. I don't want a super aggressive geo, but I don't want anything super relaxed.

What are your thoughts about the acr? Would I be better buying a supersix?

Cheers,
Russ

Comments

• spanner239
    spanner239 Posts: 181
    Although on massive discount you can get a much better bike for similar money.

For example the Canyon Endurace CF 8.0 which comes with:

- lighter full carbon frame
    - better wheels (DTSwiss)
    - full 105 5800 group
    - better finishing kit
  • spanner239
    spanner239 Posts: 181
    And much better tyres!
  • russyh
    I don't like canyons I'm affraid, I have owned one of their mtb, wasn't particularly impressed with it. Appreciate their road bikes get some great reviews. Not too worried about finishing kits or tyres, tbh. But if I was to buy a canyon it would probably be an sl.
  • Russyh wrote:
    I don't like canyons I'm affraid, I have owned one of their mtb, wasn't particularly impressed with it. Appreciate their road bikes get some great reviews. Not too worried about finishing kits or tyres, tbh. But if I was to buy a canyon it would probably be an sl.

So you don't want a super aggressive geometry but you would buy a Canyon SL(x) or Supersix?

The Colnago would be a better option.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • russyh
    Compared to my old ridley, I believe (maybe wrong not compared charts) that they are not as aggressive.
  • Hello - did you buy the Colnago AC-R ?

I am considering buying the Colnago AC-R or Cube Agree GTC Pro Road Bike 2014.

Some advice?

Thanks
  • That Colnago AC-R on Wiggle has been at that price for ages and is still available so isn't flying out of the door as a true bargain would.

It's a handsome bike, decent frame but the groupset/finishing kit/wheels are unremarkable for the money and as for weight, stay off the beers and carbs for a week and you'll more than cover the weight difference of the Canyon.

You're brave if you would spend that kind of cash without riding it first though.