Forgot to fit the plastic bit for bb

sigorman85
sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
edited June 2014 in Workshop
I have just made a bit of a mistake and only just noticed that I left out the plastic type cup thing for the bottom bracket what sort of damaged or problems have I caused
It's a fsa gossamer with fsa bb English thread is it just fitted to keep the crank shaft houses and clean?
When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2

Comments

• craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    Yeah I did that too, I guess it stops ingress of water from inside the frame (down the seat tube?). I've had mine on three years now; FSA bottom brackets have a poor reputation for reliability anyway but mine's still going strong (on a winter commuter too).

Either don't worry about it or strip it down and fit it.
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    That's right - and in the short term isn't going to cause you any problems. Just fit it when you can.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • sigorman85
    sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
    Brilliant cheers guys it's probably due a change done over 2k in all conditions and it's very gritty and sandy on Portland so il have a look at at it next weekend cheers for the help
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2