Kreuziger out of Tour. Bio irregularities.

Turfle
Turfle Posts: 3,762
edited July 2015 in Pro race
BrOPyrmIcAAQbkK.png:large

BrOQI15IYAAEDN8.png

Comments

• joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    And I thought the peloton was clean these days.

Not.

This is a shame and will affect Contador for sure. Kreuziger was immense last year.
  • Turfle
    I doubt anyone has ever claimed nobody in the peloton doped. And worth noting the abnormalities are from 2011-2012.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Just read the statement from Tinkoff.

Big question i have though, why the hell do these things take so long to reach a conclusion?
    The statement says the anomalies were from 2011 and 2012, so why has it taken so long to come to light? And is 3 years not enough time to investigate and reach a decision?!

I thought the JTL case was dragging on, but thats nothing compared to this.

Massive blow for Contador. Although now it makes sense why Kreuziger wasnt at the dauphine.
  • joelsim
    I suspect it is because the doping is so sophisticated these days it is very hard for the authorities to be sure.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    One of Uncle Oleg's riders being investigated? Colour me shocked.

Bad news for Contador too.

edit: Nope, from when at his previous team. #kneejerkreaction
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Should have stayed with Ferrari..
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    Big hit for Bertie.
    I wonder what Oleg will be tweeting, now?
    (I'm sure that the Clinic will view this as a Cookson/Sky conspiracy)
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,602
    It seems to have taken so long because the UCI wanted an explanation, Kreuziger provided one, the UCI didn't belivee it, so he provided another, and they don't believe that either.

Tinkoff believe him though
  • Turfle
    Big hit for Bertie.
    I wonder what Oleg will be tweeting, now?

It's already happened on twitter!
  • The_Boy

Well, why else would Sky be so confident they could leave Wiggins at home, eh? Eh? Eh?

#iseepatternseverywhere
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    edited June 2014
    It seems to have taken so long because the UCI wanted an explanation, Kreuziger provided one, the UCI didn't belivee it, so he provided another, and they don't believe that either.

Tinkoff believe him though

Poor Roman. Making excuses is not one of his forces. Though, his statement on his partnership with Ferrari was well prepared (he did have an extra few months to chew on it since he refused to answer any questions..)

"When asked about the allegations after the Amstel Gold Race, Kreuziger refused to comment on the ties, saying he would address the topic after the Tour de Romandie. He did and he admitted working with Ferrari from the autumn of 2006 through 2007 but that he did not use banned drugs"

Ok, then..
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878

Throw in suggestions of UCI racism and you're there
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    I'm just jealous that you can get 4G on KPN already. Vodafone NL isn't rolling it out until October. Oh well contract up for renewal soon...

But back to Kreuziger, surely it takes time to establish a base line and then to look at newer readings via that. Bio passport stuff will always be reactive and a while after the fact no? But still this seems a long time it must be said and I'm used to working in a profession that moves at a snail's pace.

Anyway he was with Astana when this happened right? I am shocked! Absolutely shocked! :shock:
    Correlation is not causation.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    What a disaster. Never liked this guy from a privileged background and his form was always up and down.

Damage to Contador but not the worst.

A TOTAL joke he has been able to ride and get paid big bucks all this time. The UCI are not fit for purpose.

Totally shady this comes out shortly before the Tour. Cookson for sure pulling strings to advantage his son's employer.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Is it possible that he was doping back then but has been clean since? Therefore his results from the last few years set a new 'baseline' and looking back in his Bio Passport, the period in question now sticks out?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    What a disaster. Never liked this guy from a privileged background and his form was always up and down.

A TOTAL joke he has been able to ride and get paid big bucks all this time. The UCI are not fit for purpose.

Totally shady this comes out shortly before the Tour. Cookson for sure pulling strings to advantage his son's employer.

I atually agree with a bit of this but Bert rode on did he not, and Cookson has nothing to do with this.

How many riders go to Saxo and get busted?
  • blazing_saddles
    sjmclean wrote:

I atually agree with a bit of this but Bert rode on did he not, and Cookson has nothing to do with this.

Um, his infraction dates back to his time at Astana, (where he rode like shiite, most of the time) that other bastion of fair play and cleanliness.
    Sky really should hurry up an join this MPCC bunch.
  • The_Boy
    sjmclean wrote:

Um, his infraction dates back to his time at Astana, (where he rode like shiite, most of the time) that other bastion of fair play and cleanliness.
    Sky really should hurry up an join this MPCC bunch.

If we're going down that route, Astana weren't in the MPCC back then were they?
  • dave milne
    dave milne Posts: 703

you honestly believe that or are you just trolling?
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 4,993
    Pokerface wrote:
    Is it possible that he was doping back then but has been clean since? Therefore his results from the last few years set a new 'baseline' and looking back in his Bio Passport, the period in question now sticks out?

I think this is the most likely interpretation. Biopassport looks mostly at fluctuations over time for an individual, rather than absolute levels alone.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    Funny how however long ago it was, they always manage to work it out and announce it a week before the Tour.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    The JTL timescales don't seem so long anymore
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • frenchfighter
    Funny how however long ago it was, they always manage to work it out and announce it a week before the Tour.

Exactly its what im saying. Totally not a coincidence. Cookson has got to provide answers.

If it was Porte now doubt it would have come out post Tour and Sky's 2nd best being there to help Froome.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Turfle

Well Tinkoff/Kreuziger knew about it in June 2013, and in May 2014. It's not like it's just been freshly sprung on them a week before the Tour.
  • joelsim
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

I think this is the most likely interpretation. Biopassport looks mostly at fluctuations over time for an individual, rather than absolute levels alone.

Doesn't sound like that to me.

His values were odd in two periods in 2011 and 2012. This will have been compared to data prior to this, not 2014 data. Since then he has tried to weedle his way out of it, unsuccessfully, using 3 independent sets of results.

The problem with all of this is that it shows there are still ways that blood can be manipulated which are not conclusive. In other words there are still ways that the passport isn't perfect, as expected.

Where there is a way, there is a will. All it is is a chemistry on blood values with new and old, a bit of this and a bit of that to match the previous readings. Harder to get away with than before, and much more science needed from the experts who manipulate.

No doubt there is plenty more to come out, not just Kreuziger, but from the peloton.

It won't be too bad for Bertie, he still has Mick Rogers.
  • blazing_saddles

Exactly its what im saying. Totally not a coincidence. Cookson has got to provide answers.

If it was Porte now doubt it would have come out post Tour and Sky's 2nd best being there to help Froome.

Erm, well it was Tinkoff-Saxo who choose when they made the announcement.
    They also choose to let him ride in Switzerland, aware that a BP procedure would be opened against him at some point, because the UCI informed Kreuziger on May 30th.
    So I guess the Sky/Cookson conspiracy involves Oleg and Bjarne, too.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    What a ridiculous amount of time this has taken. Maybe there's a huge backlog of irregularities that they're investigating.

The team were asking for problems though by just accepting the explanation and assuming the issue would go away.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,163

Hate to burst your bubble with facts, but the UCI haven't announced anything. It's Tinkoff Saxo who have chosen this date to withdraw their rider and make it public.
  • frenchfighter
    Three independent experts ruled him to have no guilt. I hope the arcane and super slow doping authorities clear him asap.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,163
    Three independent experts ruled him to have no guilt. I hope the arcane and super slow doping authorities clear him asap.

I hope the experts do their job, consider the available evidence and come to the most probable conclusion.