Tyre wobble.

stubs
stubs Posts: 5,001
edited June 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
A neighbour came to me complaing his front wheel "felt funny" :roll:

I thought well it must need truing nope rim straight no loose spokes. It must be the cones then nope greasy balls and properly adjusted cones. Axle nope straight, forks nope straight, frame nope straight, tyre nope straight on the rim. Evey time I span the wheel you could feel the bike shake then I spotted the wheel was coming to rest at the same position with the valve at the 2 o'clock position. Head being scratched when he mentions it all started when "I got a new tyre off fleabay it was a bargain" Aha some sticky tape and some fishing lead shot fixed to tyre at the top of the resting position spin the wheel and Perfect.

Took fleabay no name tyre off fitted a spare tyre from my tyre collection and one happy neighbour who brought me round 4 bottles of Timothy Taylors Landlord :D

Its was cheap for a reason the tyre was only vaguely round when you held it up and looked like a Pringle.
Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Perhaps rubez had one too
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    I think the wobble was inside rubez head. Unless physics worked differently in rubeworld.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap