650B Tyres

fatgit
fatgit Posts: 166
edited June 2014 in MTB buying advice
I recently got a new Giant Talon 2 which came with Schwalbe Racing Robs as standard, I don't find them all that grippy, what do other people use and recommend?

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    For what surface and what type of riding, but (mostly) black and round is a good start.

What exact model of Rob?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • fatgit
    fatgit Posts: 166
    The Rookie wrote:
    For what surface and what type of riding, but (mostly) black and round is a good start.

What exact model of Rob?

Oh good, I've been looking at black round things.

Sorry I meaant to say Schwalbe Rapid Rob.

I've used them at Cannock on the monkey and the dog a couple of times and on bridleways and things in various weather conditions, they just generally don't seem very grippy whatever the surface or weather condition.
  • plasma_man
    plasma_man Posts: 129
    My mates new bike came with the tyres at too high pressure, grip was terrible! Check they are not at 50psi or more, try deflating them to around 30psi and grip will improve drastically.

Otherwise, you could get a pair of Nobby Nics which are a good all round tyre. Plenty reviews out there so just google around.
    - 2013 Cube LTD, SL 29, grey / black.