Cube Agree GTC SL (heavily upgraded)

JSpencer1
JSpencer1 Posts: 102
edited July 2014 in Your road bikes
Hi all.

A few pics of my humble steed. Owned for two years now and constantly swapping parts in and out. Would love to go for a more prestige frame next but my head keeps fighting my heart; this fits perfectly and rides brilliantly.

Spec:

2012 Cube Agree GTC SL frame and fork with full carbon steerer
Dura Ace 7900 shifters, front and rear derailleurs, cassette, chain and pedals.
FSA SLK carbon seat post, stem, and cranks. Also FSA SLK brakes (not carbon!) with Swissstop salmon pads.
Fulcrum Racing Zeros with 23mm Continental GP4000S
Syntace Racelite carbon bars
Lizard Skins DSP tape
Charge Spoon saddle
Bontrager cages
Garmin outfront mount

Stock weight was 7.6kg and not weighed since. Hopefully much closer to 7kg now.

And the pics:
20140628_101529.jpg
20140628_101639.jpg
20140628_101655.jpg
20140628_101552.jpg
20140628_101719.jpg

Comments

• Devastazione
    Devastazione Posts: 280
    There is only one thing I don't like about Cube bikes : the name Cube. Other than that they are superb bikes and this one makes no exception. Cool graphics that although being 2012's unlike my 2012 Specialized Roubaix that now looks jurassical they still look brand new and up to date trendy.
    Specialized Tarmac Sworks
    Canyon Spectral 8.9
  • lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    There is only one thing I don't like about Cube bikes : the name Cube. Other than that they are superb bikes and this one makes no exception. Cool graphics that although being 2012's unlike my 2012 Specialized Roubaix that now looks jurassical they still look brand new and up to date trendy.

Ripping your own bike again. Get over it.
  • Devastazione
    lawrences wrote:

Ripping your own bike again. Get over it.

Thank your for your concern,I truly treasure your consideration.
    Canyon Spectral 8.9
  • JSpencer1
    As I said I keep thinking about upgrading the frame. Seen a bike a like as a whole though, what do you reckon mine would be worth as is?
  • Devastazione
    edited July 2014
    I would say something between 1700 to 1900 Euro,and I'm being optimistic. Unfortunately upgraded parts never do much to help value and many would see the Cube brand as a stigma.
    Canyon Spectral 8.9
  • shylocuk
    shylocuk Posts: 41
    whats wrong with Cube? Is it because its not a Spesh/Trek/Giant?
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    Stigma? Pah!
    No more wrong with a Cube than there is with a Boardman, Canyon, Rose or many other excellent brands that a small minority like to consider somehow deficicent in pedegree.... It's a pile of fashion victim nonsense and I think the majority act accordingly. Of course there are those who will pay over the odds for a Pinarello, Colnago, Bianchi, etc and this may make it appear that the other brands have poor re-sale, in reality I think it's the "prestige" brands that are overpriced.

Incidentally, if the Cube frame is a good fit and rides great, I think your head should win the battle. It would be silly to change just for "prestige". Let's be honest, if you did change just to increase the prestige of the frame then it would simply mean marketing had beaten you.
  • JSpencer1
    I guess you're partially right about the marketing thing. Slightly conscious of what other club members think. That and I just get bored easily! Thinking of either titanium or Caad10 or the new lightweight Kenesis.
  • lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    JSpencer1 wrote:
    I guess you're partially right about the marketing thing. Slightly conscious of what other club members think. That and I just get bored easily! Thinking of either titanium or Caad10 or the new lightweight Kenesis.

I hold Cube with far more esteem than an overdone Caad10 or a Kenesis.