Remedy 9.8 with a few upgrades...

Bonty Carbon Saddle
Absolute Black Chainring running 1x10
Light Bicycle Carbon Rims on Hope Pro 2 Hubs

Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL

Comments

• Dawesy92
    Dawesy92 Posts: 606
    Ypu dont understand how much I hate you right now haha!! Im waiting for my redmedy 7 to be sent out to me.. any other changes planned for yours??
  • BloggingFit
    BloggingFit Posts: 919
    You'll enjoy it when it does - quick bikes and great fun.

Nothing planned for the moment. Lighter cranks would be good but 95mm BB limits options so not worth worrying about at the moment. The XT set is decent enough.

Will look at a shock upgrade later in the year come service time. Custom tune, lower friction parts etc depending on options. Or may end up swapping out units completely to get a bit more small bump compliance.
  • Dawesy92
    I know I demo'd the remedy 9 but cant afford that much haha!! So got the remedy 7 with a few upgrades!! :-)
  • BloggingFit

Now with added Pike.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Very nice too .... that must be close to 10kg now?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • BloggingFit
    The Rookie wrote:

Not checked since swapping out the forks but was 25.5 lbs before hand which is a little over 10kg. Weighed the Pike in at 200g lighter than the 34's so must be a wee bit under the 10kg mark now.
  • Dawesy92
    Looks awsome mate!! Want a set of Pikes for mine but it wont be happening any time soon i doubt haha!!
  • BloggingFit
    Dawesy92 wrote:
    Looks awsome mate!! Want a set of Pikes for mine but it wont be happening any time soon i doubt haha!!

Made a big difference to the bike for me.

Currently toying with swapping out the 80mm, 0 degree stem for a 60mm 7 degree version.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    The Rookie wrote:

Not checked since swapping out the forks but was 25.5 lbs before hand which is a little over 10kg. Weighed the Pike in at 200g lighter than the 34's so must be a wee bit under the 10kg mark now.

By which you mean it's nearly 12kg :lol:

You should be a bike journalist! Nice bike though.
  • BloggingFit
    Heh yeah. Closer to 11.5 kg. Was in inches to cm mode...
  • njee20
    Not "closer to", it is 11.58kg! Still a decent weight for a bike of that ilk.
  • bigmitch41
    bigmitch41 Posts: 685
    Sweet!
    Paracyclist
    @Bigmitch_racing
    2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
    2014 Whyte T129-S
    2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
    Big Mitch - YouTube
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    Looks really nice but your photos are such low resolution I couldn't be sure! :P

I'm waiting on (literally, just went and checked the post box for the 2nd time today!) some AbsoluteBlack kit to turn up - 28t N/W chainring and 28-40t XT Cassette adapter...that's why I want the higher res photos so I can see what your chainring looks like!
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • njee20
    Mmmm, I'm tempted by one of their spiderless chainrings now they seem to have made them properly narrow wide, rather than claiming their magical tooth profile works.
  • BloggingFit
    Looks really nice but your photos are such low resolution I couldn't be sure! :P

I'm waiting on (literally, just went and checked the post box for the 2nd time today!) some AbsoluteBlack kit to turn up - 28t N/W chainring and 28-40t XT Cassette adapter...that's why I want the higher res photos so I can see what your chainring looks like!
    Yeah I know! File size restrictions sick on here and I should upload to a server really.

Can always email you the high res image.
  • BloggingFit
    njee20 wrote:
    Mmmm, I'm tempted by one of their spiderless chainrings now they seem to have made them properly narrow wide, rather than claiming their magical tooth profile works.
    Good bit of kit. Owner is a friend of a friend and ran prototype wide narrow ring for ages.
  • njee20
    They did a batch of rings that weren't actually narrow wide, they claimed to have magical retention capabilities because they had taller teeth or sommat, but those ones just didn't work. A friend had one and it was utter bobbins.

I was slightly soured by the owner of AB bleating on the forums that they did work, and being a little clandestine in admitting the rings weren't actually narrow wide at all (and presumably thus cheaper to manufacture), but they are now, and look nice!
  • BloggingFit
    Not so good to hear. New business and keen not to show in a negative light I expect.

I would say to watch out for tolerances of the wide narrow rings with KMC chains as it's very tight with the chain potentially not engaging fully in muddy conditions. I swapped out For a Shimano chain with no issue.
  • felix.london
    Chainring turned up (bolts came last week) but no cassette adapter yet...getting closer

10303872_883151131700081_5513412855233266364_n.jpg

Trek Session 8
  • BloggingFit
    Excellent and 2g below claimed weight I see?

Ordered up a red 36t yesterday for the summer months to try and push myself a bit harder. With all the machining on the ring it should look subtle enough behind the crank.
  • felix.london
    was flickering between 37g and 38g so yeah at least a couple or grams lighter than claimed. Was split between black and Racing Red but went with the black in the end. If the kit proves itself I'll set up the Rockhopper single ring/wide ratio at some point so will prob go with a 30t or 32t red version then

Yeah 28t is crazy small really but hard to get away with any bigger over here. I'll be spinning out on the tarmac to the pub but I'll take that for the 0.5kg weight saving, uncluttered bar and overall simplicity. Also with that small a chainring I wont need a bashguard :wink:

Trek Session 8
  • BloggingFit
    Running mine 6 months now with no issues or dropped chain once I swapped out the KMC chain for a Shimano. They are meant to run with KMC chains but I found the tolerances very tight and in muddy and gritty conditions the chain wouldn't engage fully into the teeth and effectively ride too high and fall off. This may well be a one off but one to bare in mind.
  • felix.london
    Running mine 6 months now with no issues or dropped chain once I swapped out the KMC chain for a Shimano. They are meant to run with KMC chains but I found the tolerances very tight and in muddy and gritty conditions the chain wouldn't engage fully into the teeth and effectively ride too high and fall off. This may well be a one off but one to bare in mind.

Exactly what Marcin (Absolute Black) told me on the email. He said the (shimano) kit works best with Shimano chains but this is really only in muddy and gritty conditions but down here in the southern French sunshine :wink: I'd be fine running a KMC chain...still went for an XT chian though

Trek Session 8
  • BloggingFit
    AbsoluteBlack 36t ring arrived yesterday.

p4pb11136870.jpg

Upgrades and changes pretty much done now apart from wear and tear items so now have my eye on the next couple of projects later in the year and early next year.
  • felix.london
    A decent quality shot at last! Looking very nice indeed! I'm still waiting for the rest of my Absolute Black kit to turn up...getting pretty impatient over here but yeah your Remedy is looking sweet. Would like a close-up of the chain ring though :wink:

Trek Session 8
  • BloggingFit
    Cheers. I know a lot of people aren't into brands like Trek but I like it and suits for the type of riding I have access to.

Some close up shots of the ring as requested.

p4pb11137037.jpg

p4pb11137024.jpg

And light bicycle rims still good after 2 months.

p4pb11137019.jpg
  • felix.london
    ha! Cheers for that...looking very nice there. Yeah - red 32t on the 'hopper will look sweet when I get round to it. Wanna strip the frame back to the raw alloy first. Should be a nice project for October/November time
    I know a lot of people aren't into brands like Trek

pah...I love Treks & Spesh's etc - just the low to mid-end full builds leave a whole lot to be desired, literally. But when you pimp em out like you have they look mint and there's no denying the frames are great. Love my Session that's for sure :D

Trek Session 8
  • AshW92
    AshW92 Posts: 67
    I personally don't understand the lack of love for Trek's, my mates got a Remedy 9 and it's beautiful, came with great spec on it too. Either way yours looks mint mate, and that Narrow/Wide looks a bit special, love it!
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I have to admit I don't like Trek as a brand (for some reason! Some brands just don't gel with my mind - Scott is another and Head for skis - I have no idea why). That said those Remedy's and the Session carbon do look good.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • BloggingFit
    Slik Fork sticker kit added...

p4pb11169387.jpg

p4pb11169385.jpg