new superstar website

welshkev
welshkev Posts: 9,690
edited June 2014 in MTB general
I haven't been on there for a while. is it just me or is the new website a bit pants?

Comments

• benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Its flippin' hard to find what you want thats for sure! Looks quite nice though. I think they'll need to rethink the menu-ing a bit.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • welshkev
    benpinnick wrote:
    Its flippin' hard to find what you want thats for sure! Looks quite nice though. I think they'll need to rethink the menu-ing a bit.

yeah, that about sums up how I feel about it.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    One simple fix for now (Incase they are reading this) would be to overlay the category graphic (once you've clicked mountain for example) with a list of whats in that category at a high level. That would solve most of the issues.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • welshkev
    I was looking at wheels, you click on the option, instead of it being a drop down box, it takes you to another window with a drop down box. why?

but I still like your kit superstar (in case they're reading this :lol:)
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Looks nice, but most is just needed.

I find this with most websites these days. Merlin is similar.

Why is a grip a spare and not an accessory? They have spares but also not spares.
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    What's the problem? Looks good, easy to navigate, god filters, found what I needed in a jiffy. And, it's about a trillion times better than that home made POS they had before.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    No Haribo with my last order, so I am seriously pissed off.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Chunkers1980
    I like to filter God out of my life - so is good with me.
  • Angus Young
    I like to filter God out of my life - so is good with me.

Ah, yes, that must have been Freudian on my part.
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    edited June 2014
    cooldad wrote:

Spent all their money on the site upgrade!

The old website was terrible, that random left-hand index had to go!

This is a step in the right direction but yeah the navigation is a bit pants atm. I've been using the search box instead which seems to be the best way to find stuff.

A few teething issues when ordering (a 4-pack of) brake pads last week but got a prompt email asking me to confirm which pads I ordered and they still got to me in France in less than week which is more than CRC, Wiggle, Merlin et al can manage so I'm happy
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    Cassette lockring under accesoies not drivetrain? None of my bookmarks to their site work anymore, they just take me to the homepage. At least the url is easier to remember...
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • Angus Young
    benpinnick wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    I was looking at wheels, you click on the option, instead of it being a drop down box, it takes you to another window with a drop down box. why?
    This is a step in the right direction but yeah the navigation is a bit pants atm. I've been using the search box instead which seems to be the best way to find stuff.

What, exactly, are you guys finding so difficult? Want MTB wheels? Go 'Mountain', select 'Wheels'. Done. Could it be any easier? Give 'em a ring - perhaps they'll send someone round to click the mouse for you.
  • welshkev
    Oooooooh someone got out of bed on the wrong side!!!

My point was when you're in the wheel section it needlessly takes you to another window each time you change an option I.e axle option on the hub. This could have been made much simpler by just using a drop down box. There was 5 needless windows just choosing what I wAnted on a set of wheels.
  • Angus Young
    welshkev wrote:
    Oooooooh someone got out of bed on the wrong side!!!

Not at all. Genuinely bemused that you (and others) think it's so hard to find what you want that it gets its own thread.
    welshkev wrote:
    My point was when you're in the wheel section it needlessly takes you to another window each time you change an option I.e axle option on the hub. This could have been made much simpler by just using a drop down box. There was 5 needless windows just choosing what I wAnted on a set of wheels.

Just spec'd a set of wheels. Sure, a drop down instead of a floater for each option would be a little more graceful (this looks like preconfigured code), but it would hardly be any faster in terms of navigation. Is it really bad enough to make a thread?

Given the quantum leap that this site represents over their last, to see this as negative rather than positive, well, maybe you're the one who should be telling us which side of bed you got out of this morning.
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Its a little clunky for sure, guess its teething problems... but i'm on a sugar high as I got Haribo from SS & wiggle today
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • welshkev

Just spec'd a set of wheels. Sure, a drop down instead of a floater for each option would be a little more graceful (this looks like preconfigured code), but it would hardly be any faster in terms of navigation. Is it really bad enough to make a thread?

Given the quantum leap that this site represents over their last, to see this as negative rather than positive, well, maybe you're the one who should be telling us which side of bed you got out of this morning.

I said in the OP - or is it just me?

It appears not.

I got out of the bed in the spare room today as I have an awesome throat infection the gf doesn't want to catch. Could explain some thing's :lol:
  • Angus Young
    welshkev wrote:
    I got out of the bed in the spare room today as I have an awesome throat infection the gf doesn't want to catch. Could explain some thing's :lol:

If she really loved you she'd have left you in the big bed...
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Looks pretty but a lot of photos are missing. All the drop downs to get to another drop down which leads to another drop down then press select. I have never had anything to do with website design but that looks and feels so clunky, old and 56k dial up. It feels like a beta version which needs some polishing to make it ready for full launch.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    cooldad wrote:

same here and I did notice the price of hubs has gone up. I bought lewis switch evo hubs little over 3 weeks ago for £74 they are now £96 for a pair
  • Chunkers1980
    You gotta pay for the website somehow.
  • nick-gti
    nick-gti Posts: 131
    past two orders have had no haribo either most disappointing, I enjoyed them while fitting my new bling bits :(
  • welshkev
    So inconclusion, we can live with the clunky website but we can't live with no haribo?
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    welshkev wrote:
    So inconclusion, we can live with the clunky website but we can't live with no haribo?

No haribo!!! fuming! i would start a protest darn it! i want sweets when i get shinies to double my excitment!
  • BloggingFit
    BloggingFit Posts: 919
    Got tangfastics with mine this morning :twisted:
    Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL