Cannondale Jekylle 3 2013 or ???? Help needed

luklagun
luklagun Posts: 8
edited June 2014 in MTB buying advice
New to bikeradar so welcome every one :)

For last 2 years been raiding hardtail bike cannondale trial SL2 and must say Im happy with this bikebut like always comes time when hardtail is not enough. So start looking for full suspension bike. Come across Cannondale Jekyll 3 2013 model on paulcycles.com at the moment this bike is Half price from 3200pounds down to 1599quid.

Can find much info or people reviews about his bike. Would like to stay with Cannondale but would be happy to try something new. What do you think about this bike and is there anything that i need to be aware ???

Also what other bike would you recommend in same price range ???? What about Cube Fritzz 160 HPA Pro 27.5 2014 ??

Thank You

Lucas

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    What sort of riding do you intend to do? They are pretty burly bikes.
  • luklagun
    Most time we spend on local trial centers like Dalby/ Gisburn/ Llandegla so mainly red routs with bits of black routs.

I'm 16.5 stone and 182cm tall so need something strong :)
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    I demoed a Jekyll about a year ago. It was a nice bike with plush suspension but on the heavy side. It also felt it really only came alive when ridden hard on very technical trails. Ridden around a trail centre it felt a little slow and cumbersome.
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    luklagun wrote:
    local trial centers like Dalby/ Gisburn/ Llandegla

Local; where do you live..?
  • luklagun
    mcnultycop wrote:
    luklagun wrote:
    local trial centers like Dalby/ Gisburn/ Llandegla

Local; where do you live..?

Selby north Yorkshire so Dalby 45miles away and Gisburn is 72miles so pretty much local :))
    Llandegla is 110miles away so no local ;)) my mistake :))
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I know a guy who rides a Jekyll - he smashes the Whistler Bike Park on it as if he is on a much bigger bike (but he is a very good rider) - the 3 appears decently specced on paper from what I have seen so if the one you see mirrors that I'd say it would be a good buy if it suits what you want it to do.

I read a review of the carbon one in Dirt recently and they loved it. The rear shock is supposed to work really well witht he dual travel settings.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • jfry94
    jfry94 Posts: 392
    jairaj wrote:
    I demoed a Jekyll about a year ago. It was a nice bike with plush suspension but on the heavy side. It also felt it really only came alive when ridden hard on very technical trails. Ridden around a trail centre it felt a little slow and cumbersome.

I own this jekyll and completely agree, it needs to be ridden hard on hard trails, my local trail is very tame and its a bit of a slog on the jekyll, but it comes alive when i head to wales. The 90mm setting on the shock helps but its still a heavy bike.
    2014 Giant Trance 27.5 1
    2013 Cannondale Jekyll 3
    2007 Carrera Kraken