Wireless/Wifi audio/video sender to HDMI

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited June 2014 in The hub
Random one for BR, but I'm not part of any tech forms.

I'm looking for something that can send HDvideo+audio from my PC wirelessly to my sound system.

Imagine USB out from the PC would be best, must be HDMI in.
The sound system links to my HDTV as all my other inputs go through it (Virgin TIVO, Xbox etc) so being able to use it as another monitor would be even better.

Any thoughts?
I've seen a few units on eBay and through google, but I don't really know what I'm looking for tbh.

I would run a cable, but they're a good few meters apart.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    USB to Hdmi not really happening.

What out puts does the PC have? Does the Hdmi on the PC do sound?

Tbh I would get a wireless multi media player. It will then do what you want and play any data on the network. Be that from the PC of any storage device and some will even do Netflix (others are available) streaming.

But it all comes down to what you are really wanting to do.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Not looking for usb to hdmi cable I want a wireless sender/reciver.
    The output needs to be from a pc (usb, dont have hdmi out on the pc and I assume it cant be anything else), input needs to be hdmi.

Seen this, but not sure of it does what I'm thinking.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Q-Waves-Wireles ... d_sxp_f_pt

My home cinema system is hmdi pass through.. so I want my tv to either duplicate my pc screen or become another screen and the sound to come through the sound system.
  • nicklouse
    So you want to have your PC by you and use the tv as the screen and the audio out of the system?

Or you you just want your PC some where and be able to access it via the tv?

If you are happy sat at the PC with keyboard and mouse then that will do what you want. Or so it says.

Seems like a lot on money when this might just do what you need http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/chrome/ ... hromecast/
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • oooo chromecast sound spot on!

I use google play music, google drive and pretty much all the other google aps... cheers, might go pick one up today!
  • nicklouse
    Now how was that for a guess.
  • Indeed!
    Just ordered one, will go pick it up later... no more listening to music through headphones from the PC!
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    Chromecast is pretty decent. I mainly stream netflic from it, but there is an app which will stream things directly from your phone which is handy, just need to load up the memory card. The app also says that it will stream content from NAS storage. I'm not hot on the topic but it's somthing I'm looking into. I'm hoping to mount external storage to the router and the PC, so I can stream music or movie files on the hard drive, through the app, via chromecast, without needing the PC on. Audio out on the TV goes into the amp, into two speakers. Your only issue here is if you want music but something else on the monitor as the TV needs to be on your chromecast's HDMI channel to hear sound...