What do i do next ?

iWoody
iWoody Posts: 9
edited June 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi Everyone

Just sold my Cube LTD Pro going on 29th of this month. Looking for another bike mainly ride New Forest and want to get back out on Purbecks again. I used to have a Trek Liquid Full Suspension which i loved apart from the SPV center shock (to Bouncy) which i sold as i was commuting more than 50 miles a week so to keep within my grasp i brought a Hardtail Cube with Foxs on . Now my dilemma is this i now have transport for work so the biking can re commence looking at where i ride as i say its new forest and purbecks etc should i get a full sus again or is the 29er a better option im fairly short just turned 30 and only have 600 to spend any help would be grateful

thanks Guys and Gals

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    A nice 26 inch
  • IDave
    IDave Posts: 223
    You're post isn't very clear - are you looking for a bike to cycle to work, ride trails, or both?
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    New Forest? Road bike.
  • iWoody
    iWoody Posts: 9
    Sorry mainly looking to trail ride around new forest and purbecks so really 26" full sus or a hardtail 29er is what im asking
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    29er for Purbecks, definitely. Maybe a nice carbon or titanium frame for a little extra comfort on those all day Purbeck epics and light weight will be nice for some of the more evil climbs.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    29er hardtail would be good probably for those trails, You could look at a 650B hardtail with maybe a little larger tyre and slightly longer fork to give you a bit more access to harder trails and terrain in the future? I personally would get better specced hardtail over a lesser specced FS.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    If you are confident there are £1,000+ bikes available within your budget second hand. New for £600 the best current bike is the Voodoo Bizango.

When it comes to wheel size smaller means slightly more manoeuvrability but less stability over the rough stuff. Larger just gives the opposite. A poor bike of any size wheels will be no fun to ride.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Good handling counts for very little in the Purbecks. It's old style xc, lots of miles and evil climbs but nothing technical. A 29er would be perfect. It's all about big miles and spectacular scenery and a good pint at the Square & Compass :-)
    I preferred my old Giant XTC to my new Nukeproof Mega TR or even my Giant Anthem for Purbeck riding.