My Boardman Build

macdo
macdo Posts: 16
edited June 2014 in Your road bikes
My Boardman custom build which i completed a few months ago, just updated tyres and pedals.

IMAG0068.jpg

IMAG0067.jpg

Frame: Boardman Pro Carbon Race Preparred
Forks: Boardman Carbon
Bars: FSA Vero
Stem: Zipp Service Course SL Beyond Black
Headset: FSA
Bar Tape: Fizik Microtape with gel pads

Front Brake Lever: Ultregra 6700
Front Caliper: Ultegra 6700
Rear Brake Lever: Ultegra 6700
Rear Caliper: Ultegra 6700

Shifters: Ultegra 6700
Cables: Shimano
Front Mech: Ultegra 6700
Rear Mech: Ultegra 6700

Seat: Fizik Arione Kium
Seat Post: Boardman Carbon
Seat Post Clamp: Boardman

Cranks: Ultegra 6700
Chainring(s): Ultegra 6700 53/39
Chain: Ultegra 6700
Cassette: Ultegra 6700 12-25
Pedals: Shimano 105 Carbon
Bottom Bracket: Ultegra 6700

Front Wheel: Ultegra 6800
Rim: Ultegra 6800
Spokes: Ultegra 6800
Hub: Ultegra 6800
Tube: Continental
Tire: Schwalbe Ultremo ZX

Back Wheel: Ultegra 6800
Rim: Ultegra 6800
Spokes: Ultegra 6800
Hub: Ultegra 6800
Tube: Continental
Tire: Schwalbe Ultremo ZX

Accessories:

Weight: 7.4kg

Comments

• Sodafarl
    Sodafarl Posts: 118
    That looks very nice.
  • Brilliant.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    All gone Hal fords...
  • always liked the frames on the pro carbon with the UD weave in matt. You've made a few up grades, they usually come kitted out with Sram dont they? Looking spot on though mate!
  • shipley
    shipley Posts: 549
    edited June 2014
    RideOnTime wrote:
    All gone Hal fords...

:roll:
  • macdo
    always liked the frames on the pro carbon with the UD weave in matt. You've made a few up grades, they usually come kitted out with Sram dont they? Looking spot on though mate!

Thanks, yeah this frame is off the race prepared model that came with sram and zipp 404 wheels, think the team carbon of that year came with sram rival if i remember right!

Im a store manager for halfords and last year they where selling off spare parts to colleagues, frame cost £60 and forks £25, originally about £800! So far i think I've maybe spent £800 altogether which is pretty reasonable for the spec i think!
  • ravey1981
    ravey1981 Posts: 1,111
    With so much layback on the saddle, a long stem and a massive stack of spacers I have to ask the question.....sure that frame isn't too small for you?? Good price though....
  • macdo
    ravey1981 wrote:
    With so much layback on the saddle, a long stem and a massive stack of spacers I have to ask the question.....sure that frame isn't too small for you?? Good price though....

Nah frames fine! 57.5cm I'm 6ft 3, the spacers I need to drop a couple, just didn't want to cut the forks to short to start with, the stem is only 100mm, I did have a 130mm but ended up changing to smaller one!
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    ravey1981 wrote:

As said above it's not exactly a long stem. A bigger frame wouldn't affect saddle setback either.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • ravey1981
    ravey1981 Posts: 1,111
    Fair enough, stem looks longer on the photos, must be an optical illusion. @declan1 it would if a lot of layback was being used to compensate for a top tube that was too short....

anyway, nice bulid, enjoy it.
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    ravey1981 wrote:
    Fair enough, stem looks longer on the photos, must be an optical illusion. @declan1 it would if a lot of layback was being used to compensate for a top tube that was too short....

anyway, nice bulid, enjoy it.

I'm assuming that he's not adjusting saddle position to compensate for stem length.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.