Cheers

Comments

• robborobbo wrote:
    Hi

2014 CAADX Frame

What frame size would you recommend for 5FT 8 - 31.5 Inch Inseam

Cheers

Probably a 54 or 56.
    I'm 6ft with a 32" inseam (so much longer torso) and ride a 56 Specialized.
    Really a proper sizing would help.
  • Cool, if i got one too small would it make much difference, just raise the seat height?
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    I'm 5' 8.5" and wear 31" trousers (whatever inseam that relates to), generally my legs are longer proportionally to my chest. The Rourke is based on a 54cm CAAD frame with 54.5cm effective top tube and 11cm stem. Hence I would suggest a 54, a 56 will be too large.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • gadgets
    gadgets Posts: 100
    I have the 2011 CAADX size 54 which is big for me but still rideable (just looks funny as there's only 3" of the seat post and there is no clearance with between the top tube and my crouch :().

I just got a 2014 Synapse size 51 and it is very much the right size for me. I am 5'7" with a 29" inseam.

A 54 might work for you but make sure to test ride it first before buying and if you can afford it get a proper bike fit.
    Synapse Disc 3 Ultegra '14/CAADX 5 105 '11
  • AORboyo
    AORboyo Posts: 53
    Most definately a 54cm frame....I own a Cannondale CaadX, size being a 54cm frame, the top tubes are known to be pretty long on them.
  • I'm 5'7", 30" inseam (short legs/standard torso) - tried a 50cm, but way too big and ended up happy on 48, which is still bigger than my 50cm Focus
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • kentphil
    kentphil Posts: 479
    Caadx frames have strange sizing. Im 5' 10" and I went for the 51cm Caadx, the 54 felt too big. Depends on your body proportions and riding preferences. Best to try one in a shop and get a test ride.
    1998 Kona Cindercone in singlespeed commute spec
    2013 Cannondale Caadx 1x10
    2004 Giant TCR
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Definitely try one for size if poss. A mate has one in a 51cm and I'm sure he's similar dimensions to you.
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • lxtwin
    lxtwin Posts: 12
    Hi there, I am 6"1 with 31" legs and have a 56 CAADX. Hope this helps
  • drewesq
    drewesq Posts: 137
    I'm 5'11 and 32" inside leg. I ordered a 56cm, not realising they come up bigger than other frames. It should arrive tomorrow so I will let you know!
    Cannondale CAADX Disc 2014 Tiagra - Blue
    Charge Plug 0
    Voodoo Bizango 2015
    Ridgeback World Tour (mainly for commuting and holidays)
    :mrgreen:
  • drewesq
    drewesq Posts: 137
    Got my CAADX 56cm today and I can stand over it, just, but riding it is a dream! Comfortable in the drops, on the hoods and on the top. Can't wait to get some proper mileage done on it, in fact since I am in Cornwall I am going for a blast on the Camel Trail tomorrow morning :D
    Cannondale CAADX Disc 2014 Tiagra - Blue
    Charge Plug 0
    Voodoo Bizango 2015
    Ridgeback World Tour (mainly for commuting and holidays)
    :mrgreen: