Waterproof jacket?

jamie 'jammy dodger'
edited June 2014 in MTB general
Been looking at various jackets (mainly for commute)..£50 to spend,but at this price is my old "pac a mac" fine enough or can i invest in a jacket that may keep a little more water out?
Still can't wheelie :(

Comments

• batmo
    batmo Posts: 277
    I've had some success in TKMaxx for waterproofs, the last one being a Berghaus one for under £70 (£130 elsewhere). Only 300g so bother to carry.
    Viscount Grand Touring - in bits
    Trek ZX6500 - semi-retired
    HP Velotechnik Spirit
    Brompton M6
    Specialized Camber Comp
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Just get wet. Most waterproofs (even good ones) will have you sweating like a pig anyway.
  • njee20 wrote:
    Just get wet. Most waterproofs (even good ones) will have you sweating like a pig anyway.
    +1 - it's summer, so the rain is 'relatively' warm.
    Save up the pennies now so that you can buy a proper waterproof for the autumn/winter.
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • leythervegas
    leythervegas Posts: 191
    Ive got one of these in XL (more like a large, really nice tailored fit) that I have only worn once but the mrs bought me another very similar one for fathers day. Yours for £35 posted if you want it.

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CLPXSRWJ/on ... oof-jacket
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    I hate waterproofs and find its better in summer just to wear a thin windproof top. I have a Montane windproof smock that packs up small and isnt too boil in the bag for summer wear. You can find them for about £50 if you search.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Thanks for the help mateys

Just back from a shop trip with mrs,ended up buying a madison jkt at sale price £45...perfect fit,light weight,waterproof blah blah blah..love/hate bike shops,once u start browsing there's so much "i want" items.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    In summer I definitely just get wet! In fact I wear as little as possible. Wet gloves is grim, wet hands is fine!

Still, as long as you're happy.
  • ^ totally agree,less is better this time of yr...basically purchasing things on my bike tick list (at sale price when poss).Next up mtb shoes/trainers.