2013 Boardman HT max travel

Maddog1979
Maddog1979 Posts: 185
edited June 2014 in MTB beginners
Hi

I have a 2010 Boardman Team FS which i know is 120mm max travel but a friend of mine is selling a 2013 Boardman HT frame and i was wondering are these still rated at 120mm or have they moved to 130mm?

I've looked but can't get a straight answer..

Cheers

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Doubt it will be that noticable as long as everything else fits.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    You wouldn't notice the difference. The frame is out of warranty so do what you want.
  • 99 % sure max has always been 120.
  • IDave
    IDave Posts: 223
    What is the reason behind your question? Are you intending to buy the frame from your friend?

Your initial post is unclear on why you want to know this.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I wouldn't go past 120mm* on a Boardman, it's an XC to light trail frame.

*Unless you get longer travel forks that are no heavier and have a similar A2C as normal 120mm forks.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Maddog1979
    IDave wrote:
    What is the reason behind your question? Are you intending to buy the frame from your friend?

Your initial post is unclear on why you want to know this.

Sorry yes i'm looking to buy the frame and build it up... just wondering as i know the FS in the later models went to 130mm rating and if it'll take it i might aswell use it..
  • The Rookie
    Maddog1979 wrote:
    . just wondering as i know the FS in the later models went to 130mm rating and if it'll take it i might as well use it..
    Why? Bigger doesn't necessarily mean better, you will slacken the head angle and the forks are likely to be heavier
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Maddog1979
    But that's why I'm asking the max rating.. so I don't go over and mess the geometry up .

The later FS models went to 130 and my current FS is 120mm .. but i dont know if this was the same on the HT frames
  • The Rookie
    99 % sure max has always been 120.
    No one made a comment as they have all been 120.