Value this....

jack264
jack264 Posts: 39
edited June 2014 in MTB general
http://i.imgur.com/3aH9pRz.png

Was just gonna be a skip job, but with the sun out and nothing else to do, decided to clean it up, take some parts off and regrease it up...it's not actually half bad, it shifts vaguely well now(previously skipped around a lot and only one gear worked well) though not perfect given the 6 year age and milage it's had, wheels are in solid nick, brakes are good.

Just the fork that I can completely write off, since it was fixed and rust has made sure it'll not move anymore. I paid £380 for it from a RRP of £500 in late 2008. No upgrades or changes from this - http://www.bikes2udirect.com/B2448.html

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Why would you want to skip a 6 year old, perfectly good bike? :?:

Never chuck anything like that. Give it to someone more needy if you want to get rid of it.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Give it to a charity rather than take it to the skip although I'm sure your local pikeys will soon have it out of the skip.
  • jack264
    jack264 Posts: 39
    By skip I meant more giving it to the LBS down the street, since that's a walk and getting to a skip would take about 30 minutes.

Now past those first few words. Any vague value ideas? They won't offer too much down the road, have offered bikes to them in the past only to sell for 10 times more.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    The Forum Rules forbid valuations, sorry.

If you want an idea have a look at completed listings on eBay or other sales sites.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Put it on ebay and you will get a reasonable amount for it.
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    Ill give you 4 squirrels and a high five for it.
  • Cookeh
    Cookeh Posts: 351
    TwellySmat wrote:
    Ill give you 4 squirrels and a high five for it.

Four squirrels and a down low here.
  • rgliniany
    rgliniany Posts: 753
    too slow
    It's a boy , It's a boy , I Shouted Running Into The Street With Tears Running Down My Face.....

That's The Last Time I Holiday In Thailand

URL Pinkbike