New to the forum

Birchyboy1234
Birchyboy1234 Posts: 21
edited June 2014 in MTB beginners
Just wanted to say hi as i am a new forum member. I have had great pleasure in reading some of the posts and found them very informative.
I have just taken the plunge and bought a Carrera Kraken at a good price of £350 as Halfords have reduced them. It does the job for me so far as i am only commuting to work and doing a little off roading at the moment.
I was in Halfords yesterday making an enquiry about a bike for my son and they said that the whole Carrera range is changing very soon and they will all have 27.5" wheels. This is why i picked up my Kraken so cheap.
Anyway as an entry level bike whats the thoughts on the carrera? especially at the price i paid.

Cheers Guys

Steve

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    At the price you paid it's a damn good buy, even at the circa £400-450 it normally sells for (ignore the claimed selling price) it's considered a reasonably good buy.

Feel free to post in the Carrera HT thread (link in sig) and also if you want some inspiration on upgrades (already!) have a look at my lightweight 2006 Kraken in the top link.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Cheers for the reply, will have a look at your link now. Thats alot of weight lost from the original bike.
    Steve