Klein Attitude Race?

photonic69
photonic69 Posts: 2,417
edited June 2014 in MTB general
One of our local charidie [sic] shops has a Klein Attidue Race circa 97 for sale for £400.

Any one know about these and if this is a good price for a recent 'classic'? Seems to have Shim Deore XT group set and RockShox Judy forks.

Seems a nice looking bike.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Too much money for something that old. For example I'm selling a GT Zaskar World Cup frame, with Marzochhi MX pro forks, 9 speed SLX kit, Hayes carbon disc brakes, DT swiss wheels for just 50 quid more
  • Too old to be worth £400.
    And conversely, not old enough to be considered an antique/classic worth £400.

* damn - too slow *
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,417
    Did think it quite steep. At first I thought it was £40 hence it caught my eye. I'll give it a miss.

Ta.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Klein's are pretty collectible though, although '97 would be a trek built bike iirc. Retrobike.co.uk would be a better place for your question in all honesty :)
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    97 was pretty much all Trek. All the Klein features like weird headset, colour cordinated fork, fat chainstays etc were gone.
    Which makes it pretty worthless, but far better than a real Klein if you actually want to use it, as you can find parts.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • bikaholic
    bikaholic Posts: 350
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

If it's in the right size then I would buy it.

In fact, I've got the '97 Klein Attitude Race in the orange colour - it'll be at the top of the google search.