Monday No Meh Today Thread

arran77
arran77 Posts: 9,260
edited June 2014 in The bottom bracket
Early start to the day as its my daughters birthday, woke early to get things ready but now she's still asleep, typical :roll:

Day off today so heading out to do school runs, loaf about until home time and then out for a family meal to celebrate :D
"Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn

Comments

• simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Cant stop farting, raced my colleague in to work and won, ok its only 5 miles but anytime a bike wins against a car is good.

Was meant to be in the City today but has been replaced by a trip to Basingstoke at some point..ooh cant wait. One cv in for a candidate 24 times over the weekend, he has applied for every job i have at the moment and some of them twice. Got a conference call with the Belgians later which will i know full well consist of 3 minutes of business followed by half an hour analysing the England performance and discussing the attributes of the Belgian team.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    How can it be Monday already? I hadn't finished with the weekend.
    Drove in today as I have to take my Nan's old Nissan Micra in for an MOT, it's the big block 1.3. Mind you, compared to the Mini it feels like a limousine. Plenty of work to do, but a distinct lack of motivation.
    Onwards, to tea.
  • arran77
    School run was awesome, windows down, Frozen soundtrack blasting away, rocking along......that was just me after I'd dropped the children off :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Arran what car do you drive a people carrier type thing?, just so I can get the entire picture.

Ps Armstrong in a bike race gif/meme
    http://9gag.com/gag/aXb63zz
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • fat_cat
    fat_cat Posts: 566
    Down in sunny Devon for a week. Brought my bike and have a 120 km ride planned for tomorrow.

Having checked the elevation profile on Strava for proposed route it's a bit hillier round here than I'm used to. Thick end of 2000m climbing. Now bricking it! :cry:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    I reckon Robin Reliant :)

Afternoon Gits, a good pedal into work today, will shortly be avoiding 2 tonne metal chicanes again on the way home to watch more footy. And less than 4 days to go till Wales and gravity assited fun 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Work grief followed by lack of sleep, its going to be a pain tomorrow/later as I'm driving to Swansea in 4hrs :(

Re arrans car, pink Micra?
  • veronese68
    matthew h wrote:
    Don't mock the mighty Micra. I took my nan's old Micra in for an MOT yesterday and it sailed through, even though it's nearly as old as one of the lads working in the testing station. Also it diffuses road rage situations; a guy cut me up and when I had a go he just took one look at me and burst out laughing. Had I been in a slightly more manly car he might have had a go back. Plus it feels ever so plush and comfy after driving a Mini.
  • simonhead
    Veronese68 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Don't mock the mighty Micra. I took my nan's old Micra in for an MOT yesterday and it sailed through, even though it's nearly as old as one of the lads working in the testing station.

Amazing things, my mums had one since new, its an L reg and she only swapped it this year for another Micra. In its lifetime i dont think it ever broke down, never had to have major parts replaced and never failed the MOT. Would i buy one though...........never.
  • simonhead
    Oh yeh and i reckon Arran has an early Cortina that he affectionately calls Karen.
  • veronese68
    simonhead wrote:
    Amazing things, my mums had one since new, its an L reg and she only swapped it this year for another Micra. In its lifetime i dont think it ever broke down, never had to have major parts replaced and never failed the MOT. Would i buy one though...........never.
    This ones an L reg too and the only breakdown was caused by an aftermarket immobiliser, it's outlasted my nan and will probably outlast my folks too. But you're right, I'd never buy one. Arran on the other hand...
    r0016147.jpg
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Nice pink Micra - I personally think that the only way it could be improved is with pink under car neons. Now that would be cool. And big phat wides.

Talking of which, I had to once get someone out of somewhere very quickly and discreetly - the sole method of transport I was given was a 1.3 Megane diesel. Essentially you could hold it flat out at 113mph about a mile after getting in it and not have to slow down at anytime. Everything else turned into, as above, a metal chicane. Any tomfoolery was ignored because the car so was so rubbish and discreet, so essentially perfect for the job.

I think it died it a rather big way in the end.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • arran77
    You lot are entertaining me on what is a totally shite day :D
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Also it diffuses road rage situations; a guy cut me up and when I had a go he just took one look at me and burst out laughing. Had I been in a slightly more manly car he might have had a go back.

You are entirely correct on this, Mrs 77 use to have a purple Micra some years ago and I can confirm that when driving it you could get away with murder :lol:

As to what car I drive it's just a boring old company diesel wagon!!!

seanoconn