Canyon Endurace CF

hoody3000
hoody3000 Posts: 10
edited September 2019 in Road buying advice
Hi all
Thinking about getting the above, I know they have not been out that long but has anybody managed to ride one yet? Can't find to many reviews at the moment.
Also has anybody used the Canyon sizing chart, there recommending a small frame at the moment, I thought I would have been nearer a medium.

5ft 10
32 inseam

Thanks in advance

Comments

• dean7879
    dean7879 Posts: 127
    i don't think they have been sent out yet. This bike is definitely on my wishlist.

i am 5ft 8 with a 32 inseam and i was recommended by canyon for a 56cm frame which is medium. i think a 56 would be ok for you also
  • redscouse
    redscouse Posts: 157
    its ENDURACE....waiting for the shimano 105 11sp version..contacted canyon uk ...they have no idea when it will be available
    riding a canyon endurace
    spesh allez
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    It looks like the sizing is similar to the equivalent Ultimate CF sizes. I'm the same height as you but an extra inch or so of inseam and my size M Ultimate is a good fit. I think you would probably be able to go with either S or M.
  • hoody3000
    Thanks for the quick replies
    The not knowing when it may arrive is the only thing putting me off at the moment, would like to use it this summer!
  • Nesfyl
    Nesfyl Posts: 24
    Their site gives an estimate on delivery. Right now the 9.0 variant (the one with Ultegra) is placed at week 32, i.e. the first week of August. You'll get half the summer on it I suppose, but they have been notorious in the past to miss those estimates. This is my next bike too, but I won't bite the bullet till a few reviews come out, I expect those by the end of this month.
  • hoody3000 wrote:
    Thanks for the quick replies
    The not knowing when it may arrive is the only thing putting me off at the moment, would like to use it this summer!

You need to take note of this.....

Nesfyl wrote:
    You'll get half the summer on it I suppose, but they have been notorious in the past to miss those estimates.
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    Nesfyl wrote:
    they have been notorious in the past to miss those estimates.

Really? I've never heard this before but I haven't been keeping my ear to the ground recently, so to speak.

I have the Chorus version on order and it was quoted as Wk 28 on the website at the time of ordering. When the paperwork was sent through that had come down to Wk 27, first week of July. When I previously ordered my Ultimate CF it arrived 2 weeks before the estimate (although that was 4 years ago).

Perhaps it's a bit of a lottery these days.
  • Nesfyl
    Nesfyl Posts: 24
    To be honest I didn't have an issue myself - my Ultimate AL was delivered one week late, not really an issue. But I've seen in other fora quite sizeable sections complaining about these estimates, even though most seemed to be referring to days past (too busy now to look for them - sorry). Let's hope they have sorted out these niggles. I'm going to Koblenz for a test ride in July, If I find out more I'll let you guys know
  • ai_1
    EKIMIKE wrote:
    Nesfyl wrote:
    they have been notorious in the past to miss those estimates.

Really? I've never heard this before but I haven't been keeping my ear to the ground recently, so to speak.
    Delivery dates for the Ultimate CF SLX last year turned into a bit of a fiasco. They appeared to have some major supply chain problems and many people were left a long time (often a few months) past their estimated delivery date still waiting for a bike. I don't think there have been many similar problems this year. There were one or two complaints here about delays with the new Ultimate CF SL this year but I think most people, like myself, got them on time or early in some cases. Problems were certainly not on the scale of last years issues.

I suspect/hope they've learned from their recent problems and the Endurace will be better again.
  • Both my Canyon bikes were 2/3 weeks late.
    One was in stock and was this year :D

Both great bikes and I'm glad I went Canyon but it is worth keeping in mind that customer service and delivery times can be a bit sketchy.
  • jerehada
    jerehada Posts: 24
    I Ordered my Endurace 9 a few days after they came on the UK site - 21st May. I've been pushed back 3 weeks from dispatch week commencing 30/6 to week 30 end of July. Getting close to the date of the event I bought the bike for so time to familiarise will be at a minimum, ... thats if they meet that date. I'd guess if you want an Endurace for the Summer you'll be lucky to get it before Sept, whatever the site says.
  • redscouse
    ordered the Endurace cf8.0 with 11 speed 105...just become available ..wk 33 for delivery at present
    riding a canyon endurace
    spesh allez
  • ai_1
    Both my Canyon bikes were 2/3 weeks late.
    One was in stock and was this year :D....
    jerehada wrote:
    I Ordered my Endurace 9 a few days after they came on the UK site - 21st May. I've been pushed back 3 weeks from dispatch week commencing 30/6 to week 30 end of July....
    Seems I may have been mistaken about the delivery dates being mostly okay this year :oops:
    It seems better than the SLX fiasco last year but still not quite good enough perhaps. You'd like to think you could take their indicated dates somewhat seriously.
    Having said that, mine was delivered on time and follow up customer support has been very good. So I have no reason to complain personally.
  • alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    My Ultimate CF SL turned up just one week late in the end (week 23). Did have an e mail stating it would be 3 weeks late, but fortunately I didn't have to wait that long.
  • rickeverett
    rickeverett Posts: 988
    What size do Canyon base their quoted weight on?

New 105 visually looks so much nicer than Ultegra.
  • hoody3000
    Got a feeling I read somewhere weights are based on mediums,
    Ordered mine last week, due week 31 so we'll see what happens,
  • jerehada
    According to the web site I could order today - > a month later - the recently launched Endurace CF8 with 105 for delivery the same time as my Ultegra CF9 is forecast :twisted: Food for thought £300 extra for Ultegra to save 200 grams compared to the 105, even style is similar, and shorter delivery time. Batch production whatever I'm starting to feel aggrieved.
  • ai_1
    jerehada wrote:
    According to the web site I could order today - > a month later - the recently launched Endurace CF8 with 105 for delivery the same time as my Ultegra CF9 is forecast :twisted: Food for thought £300 extra for Ultegra to save 200 grams compared to the 105, even style is similar, and shorter delivery time. Batch production whatever I'm starting to feel aggrieved.
    No reason you couldn't change your order.
    Presumably they held off on taking orders until they had new 105 groupset delivery confirmed but the availability date will be down to tje last item and capacity to assemble. If the frame is the slowest component and they arrive in shipments it makes sense they'd be ready similar time. Canyon forecast dates uaually change in jumps like this so it will be the same for some time fir a given bike and then jump out several weeks.
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    Hhhmmm, had an email from Canyon today. When I ordered, the website quoted an estimated Wk 28 delivery. The order confirmation paperwork said estimated Wk 27 delivery. Today their message said that they were sorry that the estimated delivery week had changed to Wk 32, from Wk 31.

Well, I never knew it had jumped to Wk 31 in the first place! Hard luck I suppose. But just for info, Endurace's are delayed "due to some issues with the supply of the components for the bike". That's the Chorus equipped model at least.

Damn. That's a whole month of summer riding :(
  • hoody3000
    I got the same e-mail today, I've gone from week 30 to week 32 also on the Chorus model.
  • redscouse
    conversely..the site said wk 33 for the 105 version...after ordering that improved to wk 32.. :?:
    riding a canyon endurace
    spesh allez
  • cjn72
    cjn72 Posts: 5
    EKIMIKE....my experience has been almost exactly the same.
    I ordered my 9.0 PRO on the 29/5 with the estimate then for dispatch CW 27.....I then, after chasing Canyon directly, got an e-mail to say it had been pushed to week 32. Hmmm, well its a new model, and a long-awaited one at that...
    I'm actually not completely mad at the delay as Canyon's delivery 'reliability' is well known...thankfully mostly made up for by the quality of their product....
    I AM concerned that even this 4-5 week delay may yet lead to another delay.....at that point I may start throwing barrels and bananas.
  • redscouse
    regarding delivery schedule...will canyon just give me a date or are they flexible...because current week of delivery I am away on holiday...probably slip mind but ..
    riding a canyon endurace
    spesh allez
  • jerehada
    For delivery there is some flex with UPS taking 5-8 days to deliver. Then you can ask them to deliver at a time to suit you. Of course if you are away for a grand tour then you'll have to ask for a different delivery week...

How long does it take for In Stock bikes to ship?
    In stock bikes typically ship from Canyon Germany around 2-5 days after placing your order, but this can take longer during busy periods. Delivery then takes a further 5-8 days to the UK.

Rescheduling UPS deliveries.
    Once your order has shipped it’s passed directly to UPS for delivery. Should you need to make any changes or to reschedule the delivery you will need to do this directly with UPS quoting the tracking number provided to you by Canyon.
  • jerehada wrote:
    How long does it take for In Stock bikes to ship?
    In stock bikes typically ship from Canyon Germany around 2-5 days after placing your order, but this can take longer during busy periods. Delivery then takes a further 5-8 days to the UK.

The brakes need to be swapped over before shipment to the UK.
    This can result in a 2 or 3 week delay IME.
  • Spatulala
    Spatulala Posts: 291
    Comparing the 8 to the 9. The weight difference is only 200g, spec changes are Ultegra v 105, R23 v R24 Dt Swiss wheels and different Fizik saddles. Can't find much about the wheels, how do the R23 and R24 differ/compare?
  • jerehada
    edited June 2014
    The Dtswiss site shows only the R23. Then I check other sites where is a cheaper and heavier R24 ; R24 is £156 on a German discount site the R23 is £345 on a UK site. On the same sites the R24 weighs either 1520g or 1840g the R23 1520g. If the R23 is superior it makes the 200g weight difference between the 8 and the 9 a mystery if it's a 2014 update why not give the 9 same.

Non the wiser
  • ceteris
    ceteris Posts: 3
    Hi guys.

Ordered my Endurace 9.0 CF with Ultegra the 21st May, and I´m getting a little worried that I might get the dreaded e-mail. Week 27 is at the door. I´ll keep posting any news that I get, but I´m not willing to wait a few more weeks for the bike to be delivered. Terms and conditions are explicit on the subject "delay in delivering".

João .
  • jerehada
    I'd say a bit late for the delayed email.....First delivery must post some decent photos to assure the rest of us we shouldn't of bought something else!
  • ceteris
    ceteris Posts: 3
    jerehada wrote:
    I'd say a bit late for the delayed email.....First delivery must post some decent photos to assure the rest of us we shouldn't of bought something else!

Will do. :)