Road cycling on tv

rockmonkeysc
rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
edited June 2014 in The Crudcatcher
F**k me it's dull. I caught ten minutes of some race while waiting for the Isle of Man TT to start.
Watching road racing on tv is as exciting as being stuck behind some middle aged team sky kit wearing carbon bike riding c**t while stuck in a diesel vauxhall astra (the most boring car in the world) with the radio stuck on radio 1 while fearne cotton is on with a coldplay special featuring a verl long chris martin interview and all through this the roadie you are stuck behind is not having a heart attack.

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    You appear to be the Piña Diva of Crudcatcher :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    You're how old and it's taken you this long to realise that watching blokes in lycra on the box is dull? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • rockmonkeysc
    I'm old enough! In my defence I wasn't intending to watch blokes in lycra, I just turned on to itv4 a little too early for the men in leather.
  • Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    I can (kind of) understand the enjoyment of road biking, but not watching it, dh and even some xc (the women's races) are fun to watch, but not road stuff.
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    It's actually more interesting than you think, but pick an event to watch rather than just watching something random.

I watched the Paris-Roubaix a few months ago and that was pretty good because it's different than your average tarmac-fest.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • rockmonkeysc
    How was it different? It's just a bunch of lycra wearing, steroid fueled bicyclists riding on the road.
    The most impressive riding at the Tour de France was the two freeriders who jumped over a group of racers.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Im with Rock poo flinging monkey here... it is Epically dull but then so is most of the human race so it fits rather well lol.
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    Live coverage is boring, this is why highlights are good, watching the race on fast forward where they only show the best bits and lets face it on many stages even on the tour it's, just :
    "There's a break away, will they make it?"
    "No"
    "Sprint for the line"
    End.
  • saprkzz
    saprkzz Posts: 592
    you could say it for any sport though, rugby, boxing, golf (especially golf zzzzzz)

Tennis: back and forth, back and forth.. zzzzz but get a good close match with top players and it gets exciting.. and I usually hate tennis

Football.. kick, kick, kick.. again get teams that need to win and it can be alright.. sort of, All sport when watching on TV are dull, unless someone or a team NEEDS the win, then its can get exciting, hell I have even watched a boat race before!!!

I love watching the last 10k of a bike race, its when most the battles start, bringing back a break, crash fest!.. high speeds and wet corners!.. can be fun!

But with all sports, even chess?? much more fun taking part than spectating.
  • Thewaylander
    Boxing is interesting..

Most of the others you stated suck.. footballs people fall over and cry.. Rugby mostly its people standing around waiting for 2 minutes of play, and dont get me started on Golf!!
  • arran77
    I don't mind watching the female road cycling :wink:

RztIcD.jpg

:twisted:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • rockmonkeysc
    Good sports get crap coverage on uk tv. The Isle of Man TT races are amazingly good but there's a few hours tv for a weeks racing. Downhill isn't on tv at all. Moto gp gets a short highlights show.
    Golf, snooker, tennis, darts and F1 are all dull as sh1t but get loads of coverage.
  • markhewitt1978
    tbh most sports are dull to watch live, there are very few exceptions.
  • Thewaylander
    Good sports get crap coverage on uk tv. The Isle of Man TT races are amazingly good but there's a few hours tv for a weeks racing. Downhill isn't on tv at all. Moto gp gets a short highlights show.
    Golf, snooker, tennis, darts and F1 are all dull as sh1t but get loads of coverage.

Not to much on the rally in comparison either...

i want to disagree with you and insult you out right for being a mong and so on... but but i cant your right.
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    With 6 weeks of overpaid primadonnas diving about feigning agony at every opportunity coming up I think the drama of proper athletes pushing themselves to the limits in the TDF will be more entertaining...
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    /\
    /\
    /\
    /\
    /\
    She's got manlier legs than I have.

Not sure if a :shock: or a :( is more appropriate here.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • rockmonkeysc
    pilch wrote:
    With 6 weeks of overpaid primadonnas diving about feigning agony at every opportunity coming up I think the drama of proper athletes pushing themselves to the limits in the TDF will be more entertaining...

I heard the English soccer team have all booked holidays in Magaluf for the second half of the world cop.
    I'm going out riding and rock climbing instead of watching tv and a nice long weekend at Glastonbury :-)
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Soccer? Jackass.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Cycling is great for looking at countryside and deciding whether you want to go there for a holiday... Other than that, several hours of mind crushing tedium ... Oh and wondering why the overpaid over pampered bunch known as team sky are languishing at the back again
  • rockmonkeysc
    Soccer? Jackass.

That always upsets the soccer fans. Football is what they play in America. Soccer is played by a bunch of over paid fairies (Rooney, Beckham etc)
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    So I guess FIFA (federation internationale de football association) got it wrong then
  • markhewitt1978
    They are all football. It's just that football has different codes. If you want to give it it's proper name it's Association Football, saying 'Soccer' is just lazy.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    and not its name.
  • The first record of the use of the term 'Soccer' predates the term football by 18 years, and long before it became Association Football in 1863.
    It used to be a sport played by the upper classes (at least in a recognisable form - that doesn't include a bunch of yokels running around a fields kicking a ball). It became known as football when the proles started playing it.

*polishes monicle*
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • rockmonkeysc
    It's the last race of the TT today. The Senior race is going to be the highlight of sport on tv this year. Good chance of a British winner as well.
    The racing has been proper good this year.
  • arran77
    It's the last race of the TT today. The Senior race is going to be the highlight of sport on tv this year. Good chance of a British winner as well.
    The racing has been proper good this year.

Watched the highlights of the Senior TT race, absolutely amazing riding.

Did think that Martin could do it at one point but Michael Dunlop just began to fly....fastest lap of the race at 131.67mph :shock:

Got to be one of the most exciting sports to watch on the box 8)

seanoconn
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Great stage yesterday at the Dauphiné.

Froome really laying the pressure onto Contador and attacking again and again. Superb stuff.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • rockmonkeysc
    Daz555 wrote:

Froome really laying the pressure onto Contador and attacking again and again. Superb stuff.

F**k off back to the roadie forum.
    All road cycling on tv is sh1t especially when compared to a sport like motorcycle road racing.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Daz555 wrote:

F**k off back to the roadie forum.
    All road cycling on tv is sh1t especially when compared to a sport like motorcycle road racing.
    :roll:
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    i guess it's horses for courses. i don't mind watching road riding on tv, but find motor racing of any sort dull as hell.

a mate of mine used to race rally cars and I'd go and watch him and love it, but watching it on tv bores me.