Comments

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    ej2320 wrote:
    Sorry the fastest was 2 hours 37 minutes

Some guy called Ajay
    According to his strava profile he's Nepals XC champion of something

Either way, I ain't the fastest rider by far

Ah yes, he did the Torq 12:12 or something, tiny guy!

Yep, 6 hours is a very low bench mark to set yourself ;-)
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    Good luck.

I'm doing a 47.5km All Mountain Rando on Saturday (1100m total ascent) so went to get my block of Almond Paste today in preparation for that one

...also doing an Enduro on the Friday and a DH Marathon on the Sunday :shock:
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I'm doing a 47.5km All Mountain Rando on Saturday (1100m total ascent) so went to get my block of Almond Paste today in preparation for that one

That doesn't seem an inordinate amount of climbing in that distance...?
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    yeah - pretty tame event, especially by alpine standards. 1100m ascent with 1820m descent

The Enduro will be the toughest one as it's a full day of riding. The DH race sounds like it'll be the most fun 7.5km trail with about 1km of descent - although the track is only open to try when I'm doing the all mountain race the day before so basically riding everything blind.
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    Is there any problem with dissolving 4 or 5 of these in 3 litres of water in my camelbak?
    http://highfive.co.uk/product/hydrate/zero-xtreme

I know they recommend 1 tablet for 500ml but there's no warning on dosage.. So I'm assuming I'll be fine to consume 3 litres of it provided I'm actually sweating and have a genuine need for rehydration which I will if the weathers warm.. I do often get head aches on long rides and cramp towards to end even with a good intake of water, so I was hoping these tablets will help with that and give me a bit if a caffeine kick too
  • ej2320
    Also I am well aware those drink tablets won't give me energy as such, but just too keep me hydrated and replenish minerals
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Should be fine.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • ej2320
    thanks for all the suggestions, looking forward to Saturday!
  • ej2320
    Done the ride.. really enjoyed it and I'd totally recommend the batch burner 2015 to anyone

Got quite bad cramp on the last 5 miles but still put in what I feel was a good time
    The final times are yet to be published but I was somewhere around the 3 hours 40 mins mark which was good considering my training hasn't been great and the Covert is a bit hefty

At a guess I'd think I'm around 130/344 riders
  • ej2320
    final time was 3 hours 43 minutes which I'm happy with
    ranked me 127th