I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools

Comments

• NeXXus
    NeXXus Posts: 854
    Improvement :)
    And the people bowed and prayed, to the neon god they made.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    :shock:

Hope not, what will I do with my time then :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    Their disposal will enable Future to focus on our remaining lead verticals with an emphasis on the growing consumer technology market.
    Jeez, not going to miss those guys...
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Theres a certain irony that the company that once was bikemagic is now buying MBUK & WMB. I hope they don't change up the team too much. MBUK particularly has improved alot over the last few years. At one point it got pretty silly, but is now back to readable by an adult. The way it should be!
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Had to happen sometime magazine sales have been tumbling for a while. Wouldnt surprise me if one of the bigger bike magazines goes soon, or combines with another title.

Coming soon a new publication. What Readers Wives, Cycling, BMX, Touring, Trials and MTB MonthlyNews
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    benpinnick wrote:
    but is now back to readable by an adult. The way it should be!

Barely, WMB or Singletrack are much better. I unsubscribed because I was tired of endlessly repeated articles.
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • Yep ^
    Pretty sure I saw the "routes guide" booklet back in the mag a few weeks ago. That thing is so old, majority of it was wrong last time!

Gave up buying any mtb mags ages ago, blogs and online mags is where its at.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Magazines have been recycling the same articles for years. Loads of articles about why 26" is sh1t and 29" is amazing and then a year later the same articles about why 29" is sh1t and 650b is amazing.
    Articles are badly written with some shocking test winners (Orange 5 and Specialized Hardrock should never win anything)
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Magazines have been recycling the same articles for years. Loads of articles about why 26" is sh1t and 29" is amazing and then a year later the same articles about why 29" is sh1t and 650b is amazing.
    Articles are badly written with some shocking test winners (Orange 5 and Specialized Hardrock should never win anything)

They have their uses, like the subscription gifts that are worth far more than the value of the subscription so if the magazine content is rubbish it just goes in the recycling bin and no care is passed.
  • rockmonkeysc
    Not all mtb magazines are bad but Future publishing seem to own all the worst ones.
    Singletrack, Wideopen and Dirt are all much better than any Future publication. The Dirt 100 is a load of b0ll0cks though.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    The Dirt 100 is a load of b0ll0cks though.
    Why's that? Seems to be very good at picking the best DH bikes :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I very much doubt that the Raleigh Diva is on that list :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • rockmonkeysc
    Stevo 666 wrote:

They got it right when they picked the Scalp as the best DH bike.
    A lot of stuff they pick is no good for most riders to use everyday. Stuff like Mavic enduromax wheels and BOS suspension which you can't get any after sales service for and stuff which is just too expensive.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

They got it right when they picked the Scalp as the best DH bike.
    A lot of stuff they pick is no good for most riders to use everyday. Stuff like Mavic enduromax wheels and BOS suspension which you can't get any after sales service for and stuff which is just too expensive.
    The winner for the last 2 years is quite relevant as well :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • rockmonkeysc
    It's not a bad bike, lots of people like them but is it really better than a Davinci Wilson (best DH bike I have ridden by far) or an Intense M9 or Giant Glory?
    Didn't they have the Canyon Torque as best DH bike once? That was a terrible bike, it just didn't work when pushed hard.
  • Stevo_666
    It's not a bad bike, lots of people like them but is it really better than a Davinci Wilson (best DH bike I have ridden by far) or an Intense M9 or Giant Glory?
    Didn't they have the Canyon Torque as best DH bike once? That was a terrible bike, it just didn't work when pushed hard.
    Not sure, but it'll be good enough for me :)

Don't think they ever made the Torque best DH bike - it got into the 100 a couple of times based on top value for money IIRC.
  • brianonyx
    brianonyx Posts: 170
    I can just see what happen the day after the purchase when the new bosses are talking about Bikeradar.

"So we paid millions of bucks for this site because the hit stats were so high, and you're saying that 4 million of these hits were down to two threads about hot looking girls - Jeez".
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    brianonyx wrote:
    I can just see what happen the day after the purchase when the new bosses are talking about Bikeradar.

"So we paid millions of bucks for this site because the hit stats were so high, and you're saying that 4 million of these hits were down to two threads about hot looking girls - Jeez".

well there's their marketing plan sorted at least, put more girls on bikes in the magazine :lol:
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    brianonyx wrote:
    and you're saying that 4 million of these hits were down to two threads about hot looking girls - Jeez".

Just like the rest of the internet then :lol:
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap