Riding After Flu/Cold

iwilldoit
iwilldoit Posts: 710
edited September 2014 in Health, fitness & training
Hi All

How long should you wait after illness to get back out on the bike?

Had a cold/flu sort of symptoms and it has taken me a while to get to a fitness I'm getting happy with and don't want to go backwards, I didn't feel to bad yesterday so thought I would have a gentle little ride ( something better than nothing sort of thing ) felt good afterwards but feel like I have been run over by a lorry now.

Comments

• I actually find that cycling can help me recover from being sick with cold/flu. I guess the fresh air did me good! :D
  • iwilldoit
    iwilldoit Posts: 710
    I actually find that cycling can help me recover from being sick with cold/flu. I guess the fresh air did me good! :D

yes know what you mean, I always feel better when I'm out side it's of a night I seem to go down hill, it was just I thought I was over the worst went for a ride and I went down hill afterwards big time, all gone and better now :D
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    Best to give it a week while you are ill and then take it easy for a week without pushing hard on the bike. After that you should be back to normal. Main thing is to listen to your body as sometimes over training with not enough rest will make you more likely to catch things.
  • wait until you feel better and then give it another two days
  • wait until you feel better and then give it another two days
    I got the flu nearly two years ago, and I'm still waiting to get better. Anyone heard of M.E.?