• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    That sponge looks brand new.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    edited April 2014
    crikey, where did you get the spinergy wheels? not seen that design for years. Wonder how would you true those :|
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Been a while since I saw a set of those Spinergys. Not sure about the rucksack attached to the seatpost...
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Indeed it looks like an old man's scrotum.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • crikey, where did you get the spinergy wheels? not seen that design for years. Wonder how would you true those :|

Ebay find, got them for a good cash price :wink:
  • NapoleonD wrote:

Bags coming of soon, not happy with the look
  • bianchimoon
    few tweaks to looks and will look great
    FWIW i'd use black bar tape and black seat and lose the pump/bag and if poss some black cranks add some clipless pedals and your there! :)
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • few tweaks to looks and will look great
    FWIW i'd use black bar tape and black seat and lose the pump/bag and if poss some black cranks add some clipless pedals and your there! :)

I was thinking along the same lines
  • bianchimoon
    out of interest, what do those wheels weigh? and wonder what they sound like up to speed are they noisy?
  • MrGrumpy
    MrGrumpy Posts: 288
    I`m thinking wind turbine type noise :p
  • out of interest, what do those wheels weigh? and wonder what they sound like up to speed are they noisy?

I found this

Product Description

Weight, front: 860g (700c clincher)
    Weight, rear: 1040g (700c clincher)
  • Camcycle1974
    Camcycle1974 Posts: 1,356
    Blimy, if that is bare weight without tubes/tape/tyres/skewers/cassette you are looking at a 3kg plus wheelset. Congrats for having the heaviest wheels on the forum! Seriously you should look at getting something lighter which compliments the frame better. That and new bar tape/saddle. Apart from that I like it!
  • bianchimoon
    NapoleonD wrote:

you're talking bollox?

:wink:
  • Blimy, if that is bare weight without tubes/tape/tyres/skewers/cassette you are looking at a 3kg plus wheelset. Congrats for having the heaviest wheels on the forum! Seriously you should look at getting something lighter which compliments the frame better. That and new bar tape/saddle. Apart from that I like it!

I have another set of wheels which are lighter, but I really like the design of these wheels

It's getting their
  • trixy372
    trixy372 Posts: 105
    Get rid of the pump buy a gas gun get a fizik seat with bag, black bar tape definetly but hey who am I to say anything I ride a black and pink bike hahahaaha
    Other than that pal if you like it that's all that matters ;)
  • trixy372 wrote:
    Get rid of the pump buy a gas gun get a fizik seat with bag, black bar tape definetly but hey who am I to say anything I ride a black and pink bike hahahaaha
    Other than that pal if you like it that's all that matters ;)

I have fizik tape in yellow ready to go on

Been looking at saddles
  • trixy372 wrote:
    Get rid of the pump buy a gas gun

What gas gun is the best buy?
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Blimy, if that is bare weight without tubes/tape/tyres/skewers/cassette you are looking at a 3kg plus wheelset. Congrats for having the heaviest wheels on the forum! Seriously you should look at getting something lighter which compliments the frame better. That and new bar tape/saddle. Apart from that I like it!

That's the normal weight for an average pair of deep section carbon wheels. I don't know why you think it's so heavy!

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • Camcycle1974
    declan1 wrote:

That's the normal weight for an average pair of deep section carbon wheels. I don't know why you think it's so heavy!

The bare wheel weights (if that it what is quoted) seemed high to me. Yes, an 88mm deep carbon wheel might weigh a kilo but serves a purpose. What do these wheels have in their favour?
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    What do these wheels have in their favour?

They are an inanimate object serving the simplest possible function, and yet they make people argue with each other. I'd say that's impressive value for money.
  • Camcycle1974
    nweststeyn wrote:
    What do these wheels have in their favour?

They are an inanimate object serving the simplest possible function, and yet they make people argue with each other. I'd say that's impressive value for money.

That's not an argument, merely a discussion :wink:
  • null_zps7a07e9c1.jpg

Needed a slightly bigger frame, so bought this on ebay

Planet X pro Sl carbon weave frame

Swapping parts over this week :D
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    What size is the blue one and what do you plan to do with it?

By the way I think the blue one looks well cool: wheels are smart. Black one is going to look pukka as well.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • The blue one is a 5′8″ to 5′11″ (173cm-180cm) Medium

Bike is fairly mint. Only done 400 odd miles, a few small chips

Only changing as I am 6ft 2 and it's to small

I guess it will end up on ebay
  • gmb
    gmb Posts: 456
    I had an SL Pro in white. Great bikes. Mine was also the old "classic" logo which, in my opinion, was much better. Very nice. I'm looking forward to seeing this built up.
    Trying Is The First Step Towards Failure

De Rosa Milanino :-
    http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78 ... -00148.jpg
  • Swapped all my 105 and fsa bits over

Next job change seat

null_zps360578db.jpg

null_zpsda57d830.jpg
  • This is now on ebay

33dd5313d8bf6a4c416f39c259aeef25_zps0cf0c750.jpg
  • My blue frame back on ebay, non paying buyer from outside uk
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712