Enduro training

jakepoole888
jakepoole888 Posts: 6
Hello,
I have my first gravity enduro race coming up in the next 2-3 months. I'm just asking for some advice on the best training for it and also what to expect. I'm already bike fit enough to ride, is there anyways to practice for the timed stages etc.
thanks jake

Comments

• Xommul
    Xommul Posts: 251
    Hi there,

From what I understand about Enduro the up hills are not timed but have a max time in which you need to get to the top. The downhills are the timed runs so to be competitive you need to post good runs.

If it was me I would be doing a few things:

practising my bike handling skills , manuals, cornering, keeping light and loose.

Your DH runs will need lots of core strength to help with the above skills so core work assisting your stability on the bike.

Top end fitness of short sharp sessions where you get your heart up around the 85-95% of max.

I would also have my bike fully serviced so it's in top form ready for the event.

Anyway, that's what I would do

Good luck
    MTB Trek 4300 Disc 1999
    Road Rose Carbon Pro RS Custom
    Canyon Spectral AL 7.9 29er
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    It's all about sprint fitness and riding technique.
    Each timed section is a 2-4 minute section with possibly a very short climb or two. You need to be peddling at EVERY opertunity.
    The courses I have done or seen have been taped quite wide so use your imagination for quicker lines, if it's inside the tape it's fair game!
  • Thanks very much for all the help. Il take into consideration your advice.
    Cheers