Rose Pro SL3000

ciarancahill
ciarancahill Posts: 17
edited June 2014 in Your road bikes
Here is my Rose Pro SL3000, had it for 335 miles and so far delighted :) climbs amazingly well, really stiff and the Ultegra 6800 is beautifully smooth. I would not hesitate to recommend Rose bikes to anyone in the UK, it's really easy to drop them a quick email if you're unsure on anything as I was :) Only seen one other in Britain so far but I hope their popularity here improves soon, I love mine, a bargain as well!

Full Spec:
Frame: Rose pro SL3000 Aluminium
Fork: Rose Pro SL3000 Carbon
Stem: Deda Zero 1 120mm
Bars: 3T ARX
Bartape: Fizik Superlight Soft touch
Saddle: Fizik Antares Kium
Seatpost: FSA SLK Carbon
Groupset: Ultegra 6800 52-36
Cassette: Ultegra 6800 11-32
Brakes: Ultegra 6800
Wheels: Mavic Cosmic Elite WTS
Pedals: Look Keo Classic

14152075307_6039b69e13_h.jpg
14338543835_00a7d9030c_h.jpg
14336877812_209cb9ee5b_h.jpg
14335239101_a9029aaf5c_h.jpg
All in weight with pedals, bottle cage and Garmin mount is 7.5 KG
All in cost was just shy of £1400, great thing about rose is you can swap components for your liking as I did with the wheels. Hope you enjoy!!

Comments

• rickeverett
    rickeverett Posts: 988
    Very nice.

I have been eyeing up the RS3000 Aluminium recently. The Painted ones have super smooth welds.

Question over weight - you bike seems to light for that spec. 7.5KG??? The standard 57cm SL3000 is quoted 7.65kg without pedals. Even with the changes you have made I cant work out how you have gone lighter. :shock:
  • I see where you're coming from, this is the 55cm frame so loose a bit there, also as you said, the wheels have lost a fair bit off the bog standard aksiums. then stem/bars/saddle. even so i was surprised but weighed it on my scales and my LBS and all came up 7.5!!

Not complaining ;)
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Really like that - in fact got their website on another screen
  • chewymk4
    chewymk4 Posts: 128
    Very nice. Like it. :)
    [url][/url]Giant Defy Advanced SL 1 2014
    Genesis Equilibrium custom build
    Trek Fuel EX 9 2010

http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=cb784&r=3&c=6&u=M&g=p&f=bcodefjlhk&z=a.png
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    But you've got an FSA post, Deda stem and 3T bars ?
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • rickeverett
    rickeverett Posts: 988
    I see where you're coming from, this is the 55cm frame so loose a bit there, also as you said, the wheels have lost a fair bit off the bog standard aksiums. then stem/bars/saddle. even so i was surprised but weighed it on my scales and my LBS and all came up 7.5!!

Not complaining ;)

:) I wouldnt either. Thats a good package bike you got there.
    Next bike will most probably be a Rose tbh. Spec, performance and VFM is hard to beat.
  • Galatzo wrote:

I know and it pains me slightly. reason is when ordered had 3T stem/bars, but the post was an extra £60 i didnt have, and then when i slammed the stem i needed a 120 instead of 100mm that was the matching 3T. learned to love the stealth deda, as it was £18 instead of £45 for a replacement 3T :D

You learn to live with little imperfections!
  • I see where you're coming from, this is the 55cm frame so loose a bit there, also as you said, the wheels have lost a fair bit off the bog standard aksiums. then stem/bars/saddle. even so i was surprised but weighed it on my scales and my LBS and all came up 7.5!!

Not complaining ;)

:) I wouldnt either. Thats a good package bike you got there.
    Next bike will most probably be a Rose tbh. Spec, performance and VFM is hard to beat.

Thanks! thats the main reason I did, obviously who doesn't want a custom colnago or venge, but when it comes down to being a (relatively) poor teenager, VFM is priority!! However, the performance i cannot fault. craftsmanship is perfect, rids like a dream
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    Galatzo wrote:

I know and it pains me slightly. reason is when ordered had 3T stem/bars, but the post was an extra £60 i didnt have, and then when i slammed the stem i needed a 120 instead of 100mm that was the matching 3T. learned to love the stealth deda, as it was £18 instead of £45 for a replacement 3T :D

And then you get ont tinternet cus it just eats away at you, I'll wager you sort it on payday !
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,517
    Nice bicycle.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Like your pics.
  • prhymeate
    prhymeate Posts: 795
    Nice bike! It's good to hear some more positive Rose feedback. My RS 3000 is actually arriving tomorrow, I can't wait!
  • Galatzo wrote:
    Galatzo wrote:

And then you get ont tinternet cus it just eats away at you, I'll wager you sort it on payday !

Hahah shhhh!! Like I say, dosen't bother me too much any more, and in my humble opinion, it still looks lovely :D
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    I've never really been inspired by the looks of Rose bikes on their website, but it does look much nicer in your photo's.
    Might have to change my mind about them...

What's the reason for going with a 52/36 on the front rather than a standard compact, then chucking a huge 32 cog on the back?
  • I've never really been inspired by the looks of Rose bikes on their website, but it does look much nicer in your photo's.
    Might have to change my mind about them...

What's the reason for going with a 52/36 on the front rather than a standard compact, then chucking a huge 32 cog on the back?

Thanks, I think it's really classy looking :)
    I went for the 52/36 because i can put out a fair bit of power, and love to sprint, but theres no way i could push a 39 on the hills, especially as i do a lot of Alps trips (Ventoux this summer!). Thats where the 32 comes in, to help me up steep hills as I'm no mountain goat. Ideally, I'd have a 52/36 with an 11-28 for at home, then a 50/34 for the mountains, but not a cheap option! However the weight is a huge bonus in the mountain respect