The Tuesday Morning Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited June 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Mehning Losers!

I go to bed way to late. It can't be good for me!

Yesterday saw me getting a grand piano moved from one room to another in about 5 minutes. I have to say; it impressed me. I then had to go through all the assets in the building that were 'unaccounted for'. Wasn't too bad, but there were a couple of thousand and they started from 1995!

Today, more of the same really.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Morning

Good sleep last night, was meant to be going on the turbo this morning - but sleep won. Though as I'm working from home there is a chance I should get out with the cycling club for my first week ride with them this this year.

Other than the hope of a bike ride later the only other positive today compared to work is the dentist!

laters
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

For the 4th consecutive hockey match I've picked up my 4th consecutive injury, had a shot hit me right on the knee and went flying off the side of the pitch. To be fair I could probably have avoided it at the expense of a goal but my clean sheet means more to me.

Today I'm not able to walk or stand properly, this is annoying as I wanted to ride bikes this evening so time for lots of painkillers and trying to convince the clinicians that I can't spend 3-4 hours standing in a bone scan this morning.

TTFN
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Angry bird - man up, how can you hurt yourself in a girls game :wink:

Meh. Physio today, hopefully goes well. Then I'm trying to build something ingenious that allows me to pull bearings out of the frame withtout any brute force.

Laters
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Angry bird - man up, how can you hurt yourself in a girls game :wink:

Actually we were playing agains children :oops: quite a lot of them play for England though and we crushed them :twisted:
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    A wins a win Angry Bird :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2x_DI7tzNQ
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Actually we were playing agains children :oops: quite a lot of them play for England though and we crushed them :twisted:

Morning homos.

Arrived at work to find a little CHP installation needing pricing, that'll keep me out of trouble for an hour or two then loafing duties will resume :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning lifters,
    Wasn't having a bad day until I started to get grief due to people trying to score points off me and cc'ing management. Fortunately I know what I'm doing so have batted them back without taking a hit.
    Listening to some of the crap spoken in this place I was thinking I could make a venn diagram of ignorance and bigotry showing where people overlap and where they agree so they would know which topics to avoid with which people. Then I wouldn't have to listen to so much utter drivel.
    I was supposed to be going to meet the EPO for lunch, but it's pissing down.
    I'm feeling a little tired and intolerant today. Does it show?
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Evening bum faces

Another day in London the arm pit of the UK... but travel back home to the hills this afternoon! marvelous.

Then tomorrow sorting out the wet weather gear for Scotland trip on thursday! mucho goodness!

Laters
  • pesky_jones
    Another day in London the arm pit of the UK...

Where's the obvious
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    Stop whingeing about London - working there pays your ferkin bills doesn't it...

Afternoon Gits,

Narrowly avoided strangling someone in a meeting today so not in the best of moods. I think they could sense I was severly hacked off but couldn't say too much as they're a board director. They even tried to say 'I'm not trying to be difficult, but...'. Give me strength - and more coffee as I was awake at 3.30am and couldn't get back to sleep for a bit, no idea why.

Minions had better not wind me up this afternoon!
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    My day just took a turn for the better. Just had an initial from the insurance after my accident, I can tell you that my gash is worth a hell of a lot more than GT's mum's.
    Would it be wrong of me to buy a 29er?
  • pesky_jones
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Would it be wrong of me to buy a 29er?
    Only morally, aesthetically and generally.

Just on way back from fracture clinic saw this, made me laugh

IMAG0608_zpsjr5rwfgd.jpg
  • pesky_jones
    Whispering sweet nothings onto his ear
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Evenin op yewtree suspects!

Had a day out of the office at the site where my main job is, unfortunately i left all the gear i was meant to take back in the office.............ooooooops!

This means that i'm back on site thursday, could be worse, i could work in London!

Toodles
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507

Where's the obvious

I beleive London is the obvious actually, and not the armpit.

To be specific, Edmonton is the obvious.
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Angry Bird wrote:
    For the 4th consecutive hockey match I've picked up my 4th consecutive injury, had a shot hit me right on the knee and went flying off the side of the pitch.

I only had two injuries playing hockey. One was a cracked eye socket, the other was a compressed skull fracture. I kinda gave up playing after that......

Evenin' stit shabbers

Busy in work and got close to suffering a monumental humour failure - I think the diet of caffeine and sleep deprivation is failing!

Cheered myself when I got home by visiting the LBS and delivering the last of the parts for my CX build. Soon she will be mine, bwahahahahaaaa! I was going to start rebuilding the rear brakes on the car, too, but it's p****g down, so I'm saying 'f**k it' and watching Futurama.

Onwards! To no coffee! And an early night!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.