Second wheelset?

differentstrokes87
differentstrokes87 Posts: 140
edited June 2014 in Cyclocross
I'm looking for a second wheelset to use on my CX bike but for use on the road.

As it's been mentioned in a few threads, good disc compatible wheelsets seem few and far between. After a few searches these came up, and I'm considering these as a potential purchase

http://www.stradawheels.co.uk/shop/h-pl ... yclocross/

Anyone vouch for them?
Planet X XLS 2013
Planet X London Road 2015

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,178
    That's what I normally build too... excellent wheels and the Novatec disc hubs are awesome. Nothing wrong with Strada, but bear in mind their prices are 50 pounds or more above the competition.
    If you ask Mark Pollard or Malcolm at the Cycleclinic, I am pretty sure they can build you the same thing for around 300 pounds
    left the forum March 2023
  • That's what I normally build too... excellent wheels and the Novatec disc hubs are awesome. Nothing wrong with Strada, but bear in mind their prices are 50 pounds or more above the competition.
    If you ask Mark Pollard or Malcolm at the Cycleclinic, I am pretty sure they can build you the same thing for around 300 pounds

I appreciate the advice, I'll look it to it.
    Planet X XLS 2013
  • crossed
    crossed Posts: 237
    I'm looking for a second wheelset to use on my CX bike but for use on the road.

As it's been mentioned in a few threads, good disc compatible wheelsets seem few and far between. After a few searches these came up, and I'm considering these as a potential purchase

http://www.stradawheels.co.uk/shop/h-pl ... yclocross/

Anyone vouch for them?

I can't vouch for Strada wheels but I had a set of wheels built up by Ugo to pretty much the same spec, Archetype rims with Novatech hubs, and so far they've been excellent.
    I've not tried them off-road yet as I've got another set of wheels built up and running tubeless with off-road tyres but for road use they're prefect :D
  • That's what I normally build too... excellent wheels and the Novatec disc hubs are awesome. Nothing wrong with Strada, but bear in mind their prices are 50 pounds or more above the competition.

Thanks for the advice.

Exchanged a few emails with Malcolm at The Cycle Clinic and placed an order yesterday. Just need to order some rotors and a cassette ready for their arrival.
    Planet X XLS 2013