reccomended grease for campag 2nd gen ergo lever refurb

kirkee
kirkee Posts: 369
edited June 2014 in Workshop
hello
I have acquired a pair of 1999 campagnolo mirage 9 spd ergo levers. I will be stripping the R/H lever to service springs etc. I did this a few months back with the pair on my bike and I used automotive graphite grease (all i had to hand in garage) bunged in everywhere on the internals, so far so good.
This time I am considering using finish line teflon grease as its only a 10 ner or so a tube. Does anyone know if finish line's the way to go or stick with the graphite grease i have in the garage? I see the campag grease is for sale but 20 odd quid for a small tube seems a bit excessive.

thanks
Caveat - I buy and ride cheap, however, I reserve the right to advise on expensive kit that I have never actually used and possibly never will

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    If it worked fine before, why change?

And a tenner for a tube of grease? Seriously?

If you really want Teflon grease, just go on the net or to your local motor factor and buy a tub for a fiver -remember that the minute it goes in a cycling branded tunbe that's a 50% increase in price straightaway
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • kirkee
    kirkee Posts: 369
    Fair point with the price and branding. I removed the r/h hood yesterday as its ripped, replaced it with a slightly less knackered one. Had and had a good look at the internals, the graphite grease is perfect still. Your right, stick with it.

cheers
    Caveat - I buy and ride cheap, however, I reserve the right to advise on expensive kit that I have never actually used and possibly never will