Weirdest thing you've seen on the trails.

BigAl
BigAl Posts: 3,122
edited May 2014 in The Crudcatcher
I kid you not, yesterday was out on the bike on a local trail, and what I thought was a squirrel fell out of a tree just in front if us. I thought it would scamper off, but no it just lay there, lifeless.

Went to investigate and turn out it was a rabbit.... with no head. Spooked my kids a bit.

Presumably a buzzard or a kite but it was odd

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    A load of people dressed as knights and Richard Wilson dressed as a wizard.

They were filming the TV show "merlin" :)
  • BigAl
    BigAl Posts: 3,122
    welshkev wrote:
    ... and Richard Wilson dressed as a wizard

I don't believe it!
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Came across 2 men dismembering a sheep (I hope it was a sheep) on the tailgate of a Land Rover, blood and guts everywhere. We pedalled like fook and didnt look back for about 2 miles.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    In Longleat woods I saw a Longleat Estate 4x4 with blue lights on the roof and "looking out for love birds" written down the side. I guess that's the dogging patrol!
    Slightly off topic but I once found a Chesney Hawkes CD and toy robot (with working batteries) on a ledge 300 foot up a cliff in Cheddar Gorge when I was climbing once.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    A crudder riding a bike.. like actually out riding! unheard of i tell you.
  • stubs
    A crudder riding a bike.. like actually out riding! unheard of i tell you.

More chance of seeing Bigfoot riding the Loch Ness monster
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Was at Cannock the other day, there was a decent looking 'dale 29er hardtail, running 1x10 gearing but with a 22T granny as the sole chainwheel, max speed of what, about 14mph?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    a couple of blokes using their trousers as legwarmers whilst wrestling.

The cast of 'game of thrones'

not at the same time, if there are any lawyers reading.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    welshkev wrote:

Not far from me there's often filming happening on the army land, can be quite amusing if you spoil their take by riding where you shouldn't :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    Was out in the middle of nowhere and could hear a strange noise and it was getting louder and louder. Eventually bridleway crossed a country road and on far side bloke and a young lad all dressed up in kilts, sporrands, dirks n all marching up and down playing bagpipes :shock:

this was leafy warwickshire btw
  • WindyG
    WindyG Posts: 1,099
    mak3m wrote:
    Was out in the middle of nowhere and could hear a strange noise and it was getting louder and louder. Eventually bridleway crossed a country road and on far side bloke and a young lad all dressed up in kilts, sporrands, dirks n all marching up and down playing bagpipes :shock:

this was leafy warwickshire btw

A mate saw this in another place, it's because they can't practice anywhere as people complain about the noise :D
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Losely connected -

On One posted this on their facebook earlier
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    A 1943 Churchill tank.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    mak3m wrote:
    Was out in the middle of nowhere and could hear a strange noise and it was getting louder and louder. Eventually bridleway crossed a country road and on far side bloke and a young lad all dressed up in kilts, sporrans, dirks n all marching up and down playing bagpipes :shock:

this was leafy Warwickshire btw
    How can you tell a bagpipe is out of tune? It's making a noise!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    A bloke appearing to take a dump in the woods...
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • stubs

Are you sure it wasn't a Bear
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Where did he appear from?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    I saw a pig running accross a road in Venezuela - pig was on fire.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    FishFish wrote:

Seriously? I want to believe you so much
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    welshkev wrote:

supersonic wrote:
    A 1943 Churchill tank.

I've seen a tank being filmed for a tv advert, well they said it was for a beans advert. Didnt really believe them but yeah. Trumped
  • buffoon
    buffoon Posts: 49
    I havent seen anything particularly weird to be honest, apart from a very very small dog in my path (really small).

However, since cannock chase is/was a notorious dogging spot (premiership footballers included) I wonder if anyone has witnessed weird happenings when out mountain biking? Maybe MTB and dogging can be combined? you can get really bright lights these days.
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    old rail line between Kettering and Northampton cuts through a few dogging sites, road through one of the car park section, bloke in a car had his head up some heffers jumper, i rode on in hope of finding GT's mother.
  • plasma_man
    plasma_man Posts: 129
    People humping in the passenger seat, not much space to get past as the track was just wide enough for the car, so got a good look as I squeezed past, could only see the guys butt going up and down though :?
    - 2013 Cube LTD, SL 29, grey / black.
  • NeXXus
    NeXXus Posts: 854
    Skimpy womens underwear. Didn't fit me though :wink:
    And the people bowed and prayed, to the neon god they made.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    FishFish wrote:

Brilliant. Please tell me you managed to get a pic.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    twort - never been anywhere.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll: