It's saturday yay!

bg13
bg13 Posts: 4,598
edited June 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Busy day today g1ts.

Two new tyres on the car early doors then off up Nottingham for nephews stag do, go-karting and boozing seems the plan of action, i may get H'd!

have a fine day y'all.
Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
Ribble Audax
On One Scandal 29er

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    BG13 - its going to be messy!

Just like the wedding I'm going to :)

Todays plan is swimming lessons with the rug rats then drop them off at mothers and meet the lads in the bar for 1, ready for the wedding at 4pm - what can possibly go wrong?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Morning crudders

Another day in solitary staring at the same 4 walls, have been promised they REALLY will let me out on Monday.

Consolation is they have a new very cute student nurse on the ward, bit shy so trying to get her to actually smile is a challenge, I have all day though, naff all else to do.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • tlw1
    The Rookie wrote:
    Consolation is they have a new very cute student nurse on the ward, bit shy so trying to get her to actually smile is a challenge, I have all day though, naff all else to do.

You may be close to death, but you know the rules
  • Motley13
    Motley13 Posts: 89
    Morning all, boring old week training to fix broken planes, today will be off to Cannock Chase for the first time with the new bike, should be interesting, afterwards hopefully drink will be involved at some point
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    I'm beginning to doubt all this talk of nurses :lol:
    matthew h wrote:
    The Rookie wrote:

Today will mainly involve taking the children to swimming lessons and then going to watch the circus 8)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    matthew h wrote:
    The Rookie wrote:

Everyone knows none of us have ever even spoken to a real woman, let alone got a picture of one.

Morning weirdos,

Another day in London, only 9 more days of this nonsense. Nobhead GM who's supposed to be training me sent her management team an email last night, which she copied me into, having a go about something not being done right - something which she knows full well that I did. On a task I was doing for the first time, despite the fact everything was right, just not the way she likes it.

I would quite happily punch her in her stupid face.

Laters
  • tlw1
    ste_t wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    The Rookie wrote:

Everyone knows none of us have ever even spoken to a real woman, let alone got a picture of one.

Morning weirdos,

Another day in London, only 9 more days of this nonsense. Nobhead GM who's supposed to be training me sent her management team an email last night, which she copied me into, having a go about something not being done right - something which she knows full well that I did. On a task I was doing for the first time, despite the fact everything was right, just not the way she likes it.

Laters

so you have spoken to a woman
  • AlShack
    AlShack Posts: 38
    Just about to go on a ride into the Chilterns, then back for some family time, then out for beer, curry & the Froch/Groves fight - yey!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I think Ste means no woman he considers worth inseminating will talk to him.
    Morning all. Slow start followed by not doing much. New bike shop is having an opening event so might wonder down for a gander.
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    matthew h wrote:
    ste_t wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    The Rookie wrote:

Morning weirdos,

Laters

so you have spoken to a woman

Wouldn't let her anywhere near my obvious, so does not count
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Morning Mongs,

Coffee has been supped. Just off to get a sarni or two for lunch to be eaten in the car then it's off down to deepest Kent to get the new bike screwed together and hopefully test ridden. Luckily I'm visiting a mate who has some mechanical aptitude otherwise you'd probably next hear from me in A&E :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • The Rookie
    Awaiting the photos in the YMB forum Steveo!

If someone can suggest how I get a photo without pissing off the staff and ruining my care.........
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • veronese68
    At your (our) age just act incompetent with technology. The camera on the iPad goes off accidentally pointing at her norks whilst you were pretending to show her a picture of something. The young already think we're old and incompetent so it's a plausible story.
    Just been to check out the new bike shop. Nice Surly fat bike in there, I feel dirty for liking it. Also stock Cotic and had some mad penny farthings. Had a Wattbike competition, I managed not to embarrass myself by falling off.
  • arran77
    The Rookie wrote:

If someone can suggest how I get a photo without pissing off the staff and ruining my care.........

All you need to do is knock a load of stuff onto the floor and as the cheeky young nurse bends over to pick it up you whip out the phone and get a sneaky pic, stockings and all.........nurses to wear stockings in real life don't they :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    The Rookie wrote:

Will do a proper thread in YMB soon. Here's a starter for ten :)

SteveSpicypicsMay2014022.jpg

SteveSpicypicsMay2014013-1.jpg

SteveSpicypicsMay2014009-1.jpg
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    That looks awesome bet you're chuffed.
  • Stevo_666
    That looks awesome bet you're chuffed.
    Ta, I am quite happy just now :mrgreen: .

Have posted a few more pics in the 'Your Mountain Bike' section. It made mincemeat of the Bedgebury dirt jumps but that was all that was handy to try it today, so really need to get it out to Wales for a proper work out. But at least I know that we put it together OK as nothing dropped off :P
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    But at least I think that we put it together OK as nothing dropped off yet :shock:
    FTFY
  • Oh Marone
    Oh Marone Posts: 261
    Hope you escape soon Rookie.

Been farking busy today, but did have BBQ pulled pork crusty rolls for dinner which was awesome (Aldi). Slow cooked BBQ piggy meats....hmmmmmm.

My diesel Mondano decided to play up the other day by stalling 3 times in the middle of turning right across a road and then having no power for a few mins. Seemed to sort itself out but a quick google search lead me to the likely culprit. EGR valve being caked in filth which starves the engine of oxygen when it gets stuck.

So took the valve off and the manifold thingy it attaches to and set about it with 2 cans of brake cleaner and copious amounts of "gunk" cleaner. Both were almost as dirty as GTs mum and took a good few squirts and a clean up with some rags and kitchen towels to finish the job :D . Washed a serious amount of filth out and got covered in the process

Then washed, clay bar, polish and protector stuff on the car. Cut the grass then took the car out for a blast for an hour or so to make sure everything was working ok. Food shopping and finally the chinese take away on the way back.

Im farked, time for a few Bulmers and watch some TT
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    But at least I think that we put it together OK as nothing dropped off yet :shock:
    FTFY
    True, given I was involved in the assembly I would not be totally surprised if I got overtaken by my own back wheel next time I'm in Wales :P
  • The Rookie
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    The Rookie wrote:

Loving the super gnarly backdrop, doubles and 8' drop off just out of sight I guess!

Looks cracking, really nice, lucky git!
  • arran77
    The Rookie wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    The Rookie wrote:

Loving the super gnarly backdrop, doubles and 8' drop off just out of sight I guess!

Stevo rode the 8" 'drop off' from the lawn to the path :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    arran77 wrote:
    The Rookie wrote:

That's about as gnarly as it gets in Kent :D

My mate does have a fair bit of land with a bit of height difference and with a bit of ingenuity and some decking/4 x 2's he could get a nice little practice ramp set up with a 6-7 foot drop and just enough space to stop before you hit a tree. Not sure his other half would be too happy about using the lawn for DH jump practice mind :)
  • The Rookie
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    The Rookie wrote:

That's about as gnarly as it gets in Kent :D

My mate does have a fair bit of land with a bit of height difference and with a bit of ingenuity and some decking/4 x 2's he could get a nice little practice ramp set up with a 6-7 foot drop and just enough space to stop before you hit a tree. Not sure his other half would be too happy about using the lawn for DH jump practice mind :)
    Some nice riding in Kent if you go looking, thought not Bromley way!

Spent my first eighteen years in south east Kent.....
  • Stevo_666
    The Rookie wrote:
    Some nice riding in Kent if you go looking, thought not Bromley way!

Spent my first eighteen years in south east Kent.....
    There are a few bits but apart from PORC which is push up only and quite short, there's naff all use for a DH bike. I spend a fair bit of time on the M4 these days.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    The Rookie wrote:

SteveSpicypicsMay2014013-1.jpg

SteveSpicypicsMay2014009-1.jpg

Looks great!
  • Stevo_666
    Ta - just needs a proper (uplifty) outing...