Andycar82
Andycar82 Posts: 129
edited June 2014 in Your road bikes
xajo.jpg
Wilier GTR and Italian Tifosi Stalion

Comments

• vespario
    vespario Posts: 228
    Spending spree at a well known bike doctors too far?

Great looking bike generally. Paint in flesh is very good but too much luggage defeats point of carbones.
  • Andycar82
    Saved up for the wheels, bought the bike 6 months ago, only a couple of Centaur upgrades. Luggage tends to help carry stuff to fix things and eat :)
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    As above - luggage and aero wheels are not really a good mix.
  • Andycar82
    Feed pouch is as aero as I could get, seat pouch would be behind my legs, so am happy with that, may flip the stem though
  • nice deckchairs...... :D
  • Andycar82
    Yeah, the arm rests make a difference !
  • bencolem
    bencolem Posts: 463
    Wow, that bike certainly writes some cheques that I hope you can cash (I.e. It screams look at me, I'm fast)!
  • Hi. As previously mentioned, ditch the luggage and flip the stem and the bike would be perfection personified.
  • Andycar82
    All very nice for photos! But not so great when I'm starving with a bad back with a flat tyre!
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    Nice bike, but loose the saddle bag, get a Tool canister/bottle for the second bottle cage and stuff food in your back pockets.
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    Nice. Still miss my old wilier. Very high front but if your comfy thats best. I wouldn't ride your chain that crossed as it wont take long and you will be buying a new one. Keep your chain straight. Nice bike enjoy
  • Andycar82
    Will look at flipping the stem, thanks! It's only a GTR, but I preferred it to several other bikes I looked at in the flesh including Dolan, so am happy with it
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    vespario wrote:
    Spending spree at a well known bike doctors too far? what

Great looking bike generally. Paint in flesh is very good but too much luggage defeats point of carbones.
  • Andycar82
    Yeah, I sort of missed the point of the spending spree, its a £1350 bike with new wheels, which I thought were a bargain, and a new rear mech!