Trek Remedy 7 650b (Wheel Update 6/12/14)

Dawesy92
Dawesy92 Posts: 606
edited April 2015 in Your mountain bikes
Right so I thought id post this up now.. still waiting for the bike as Trek UK has had a delay on receiving the bikes apprently, its coming from a shop called BikeActive great lads!!

So its pretty much standard apart from ive had the shimano groupset to Sram x9 1x10 set up with a green narrow wide 34tooth from chainring. Can't wait to get my gands on her!!already have a few changes in my mind (stealth dropper being main one) & maybe a better rear shock when funds allow :)

Roll on end of the month when I should have her!! :)

Comments

• Dawesy92
    So a little update.. ive seen a little picture of my bike, it appeared on facebook they have a few small changed to make to it then I should be getting my hands on it next week... if I do say so im getting a little giddy.... my first full suspension.. just wanna get out and ride!! :-)
  • Dawesy92
    Good news, the bikes being deleived tomorrow.

Bad news, the narrow wide wont be on and the crankset thats in now if a strange pcd so the guys at BikeActive are sending me one in the post when they get it gor nothing, may change then cranks anyway yet but need ti wait and see!
  • Dawesy92
    I now have her, sat in my garage, pictures to go on either tonight or tomorrow, also forst outting at pines tomorrow afternoon!! :-)
  • sanchez89
    sanchez89 Posts: 567
    images needed man!

and what was all that about SRAM and shimano groupo? got a bit confused about what you were trying to say
    2011 KHS Full Susser Carbon 29er Race Build
    Clank wrote:
    M'eh, I might just go back to zapping it with frikken lay-zur beeeems. And sharks.
  • Dawesy92
    Right then, as requested, some Photos' not many as ive not had much time to take any....

20140531_120631.jpg

20140531_120643.jpg

20140531_120654.jpg

The front chainring is going to be changed, as they did have the right size BCD narrow wide ring instock, they are ment to be sending me one for free in the post but im getting inpatient and i may just order one myself tonight and get it fitted!

Been for a short ride today but nothing testing just a ride around Carsington Water with my girlfriend as im trying to get her into biking to save the arguments when i buy more bike shineys! :lol:
    sanchez89 wrote:
    images needed man!

and what was all that about SRAM and shimano groupo? got a bit confused about what you were trying to say

What its ment to say is the orginal spec on the bike comes with Shimano Gearing, but after i test rode the remedy 9 with shimano gearing i dont like the clutch work on there, i have Sram X9 on my other bike and i preffer it so i had the shop change it to sram x9 shifter and mech, Hope that makes more sence!!

Anyway enjoy, and i shall update the changes as the happen, possibly grips, stem and Chainring!

Comments welcome!
  • BloggingFit
    BloggingFit Posts: 919
    Looking good with the green.

The Trek online suspension calculator is a good starting point for setup if you've not looked at it let.
    Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL
  • Dawesy92
    I have looked on there now realised today whike I was out I was running the rear shock about 100psi too soft haha, see how it fairs when I get chance to go out again (probably the weekend)

Maybe make some changes this week!!
  • Dawesy92
    Also trying to work out what chainring.... 32 or 34.... decisions decisions....
  • BloggingFit
    I run a 34 but leg strength isn't an issue for me.

Most will get away with that in the summer months and can always revert to 32 in winter.
  • Dawesy92
    I ordered the 34t ring last night, need that to arrive now soni can get it on along with me green hope grips!! :)
  • Dawesy92
    Haven't got the chainring yet, but heading to sherwood pines tomorrow after work!!

Looking forward to it!!
  • Dawesy92
    Well went to pines but gears wouldnt play ball!
    Constatly trying to change gear when riding, and didnt have my multi tool with me, so i gave up and came home, ment to be going again thursday with some lads from work, also will hopfully have the chainring then aswell!!

So when i got home i got a little bored, so put my green hope grips on, and the gunsmoke grip doctors i had lying around, looks much better imho now!

Heres a few pictures...

20140603_184332.jpg

20140603_185708.jpg

Nothing much else happening for now, just waiting for my chainring to turn up, hoping that will be tomorrow!
  • Dawesy92
    Hoping that i will have some new pictures to put up tomorrow, ordered a new crankset, as this Shimano M622 that on is sh!t crazyily idiotic BCD size 96mm????

So with CRC having a good deal on the Shimano Zee cranksets ive ordered one and i have a raceface 34t narrow wide ring in green to fit to them. hoping they will be here tomorrow morning! :D
  • BloggingFit
    Resolve the gearing issue?
  • Dawesy92
    Yes bud, just wanted adjusting on the shifter a few clicks and was fine and dandy!!

Went around sherwood pines last night, despite it being very muddy it was good to get out on the bike, felt really nice to ride! Only dropped the chain once which i was pretty pleased with how she rides, climbs like a mountain goat!!

Just want to get a narrow wide ring on there, but doesnt look like im gonna get the cranks till monday night, so Pines on sunday will be being done on the normal 30tooth ring again, just a little bit spinny... "/
  • rapid_donkey
    rapid_donkey Posts: 448
    Really nice looking bike that.
    How often do you go to Sherwood Pines? I try and go at least once a week, nearest decent riding spot for me.
    PM me if you fancy meeting up for a ride.
  • Dawesy92
    As often as I can, been this morning, ill def drop you a pm dude, well when its working again that is... hahah
  • Dawesy92
    Right then, not really any changes, but managed to get it on the scales at work the other day, and it came in at 13.5kg, i dont mind that for a full sus build, plently of places that i can save weight when the money allows... :D

Will post some new pictures when i get around to it! :)
  • Dawesy92
    So thought i'd get around to uploading the new pictures of the bike since dropping the new cranks on.

So here they are... all three of them :P

20140610_191115.jpg

20140610_191123.jpg

20140610_191137.jpg

Only problem ive had is one of the pivot bolts, that looks like this..

20140701_205735.jpg

Now looks like this..

20140701_205744.jpg

Managed to come look while riding somehow, and fell out tonight, so now im frantically searching for some new ones, but cant seem to find any, so if anyone has and ideas let me know!!

All ive managed to do is send Trek an emal directly, but did that tonight so wont get a reply till atleast tomorrow..

So hope people enjoy the little update....
  • Dick Scruttock
    Dick Scruttock Posts: 2,533
    Dang that sucks.

To stop it dropping out in future run some lock wire or a small zip tie through the bolt.
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    Looks like the same or similar part I needed for my Session

Trek Suspension Nut Insert M10 x 1.0 Black

Contact the guys at https://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/ that's where I got mine
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • Dawesy92
    Cheers felix, I shall be doing as there chesterfield shop is like 15mins drive from where I live!! :)

I think I will do as you said aswell rick and drop a small cable tie in loos to hold it if it works loose again? Only had the bike about a month.. but its my first proper full susser so I guess I need to check the bolts more often!! Need to get it sorted though as im headed to Coed Y Brenin in a few weeks!! So if I can im gonna get a few as spares tool.. hopfully for free!!
  • Dawesy92
    So i shall be making an ever-so-slight change to the bike, that just being pedals, im gonna give Flats a try again, not riden them for a long while off-raod, but since i have some nice Nukeproof ones on the on-one rigid im gonna drop them on when i get my replacment rocker bolts and see what happens, also off to Coed-Y-Brenin in a few weeks for a long weekend with some lads from work so looking forward to that!! :D
  • BloggingFit
    Dawesy92 wrote:
    Cheers felix, I shall be doing as there chesterfield shop is like 15mins drive from where I live!! :)

I think I will do as you said aswell rick and drop a small cable tie in loos to hold it if it works loose again? Only had the bike about a month.. but its my first proper full susser so I guess I need to check the bolts more often!! Need to get it sorted though as im headed to Coed Y Brenin in a few weeks!! So if I can im gonna get a few as spares tool.. hopfully for free!!
    Make sure you put them back in the slacker angle.
  • Dawesy92
    Why does it really make that much difference???

I was just gonna leave them the normal way round....
  • BloggingFit
    Dawesy92 wrote:
    Why does it really make that much difference???

I was just gonna leave them the normal way round....
    Surprisingly yes.
  • Dawesy92
    Might give it a try then, as hopfully im gonna be going out saturday i think! so i shall have a go with them like you said!! :D
  • BloggingFit
    You should have a sticker next to it to show the positions.

This is set to the slacker position - bolt down, tab up.

trekremedy_008.jpg
  • Dawesy92
    Right so, some good news and very good news..

Ill start with the good news, i STILL havent got the bolts from any of the bike shops that ive ordered them from, not bad to say it was ment to be a 2 week wait... so i had some spare time at work and managed to find some spare titainium in a draw so jobs a fish i made 2 brand new bolts from it and the fit absolutly perfect.. rode to work today and all feels good seems to have stayed tight, off to pines tomorrow for a test before wales next weekend!!

Now the very good news, after putting the bolts back in, (in the slacker position as mentioned) i noticed that ive a little furter back and feels abit of a stretch, so i happened to come acorss chaon reactions, and i purchased myself a 50mm hope FR stem in purple to create the colour scheme i want, and also some renthal fat bar lights.. i paid the extra so i should have them in the morning! Thoughy i should treat her seen as shes not been used for a while, will put some pictures up tomorrow of the bolts and hopfully the new goodies!! :-)

Finally some good new ehh!! :-)
  • Dawesy92
    Right, so my bad for never putting fresh pictures up, dont really have any been busy using her for fun rides!!

And off on Holiday Saturday so no time to get some, but what i do have in good news is that i am treating her to some new wheels at xmas, (getting parents and girlfriend to pay for parts) will be a custom set Hope Hubs, (purple to go with the stem) and Stans Flow Ex Rims, and DT comp Spokes, problem is im not aloud to hubs till xmas so wont be built until after!!

But an other change will be the rear axle, i have got on order the 142x12 conversion kit, so will have a stronger rear after that!! (no pun intended!)

Also going to be running tubeless with this!! Only thing im wondereing is what tyres to go for?

Been having a small look and what im tempted with is the Conti TrailKing Protection 2.4 with black chillie compound, but not sure i wanna pay £50 a tyre...

What can any of you offer up as a recommendation? Open to anything!!!