Free day

The Rookie
The Rookie Posts: 27,812
edited May 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Well hopefully free day for me! Being in solitary truly is awful, thank god for the iPad. Not feeling any different to yesterday, so not great, but not that bad either.

A further update for Bleughradar will be posted after rounds!
Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.

Comments

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Fingers crossed for you, Rookie.

Mornin' snowballers

Fryday = bacons and other fried piggymeats.

That aside, I'm expecting another day working my a**e off, in a simialr pattern to the rest of week, really.

At least I won't be getting up a dumbass-o'clock in the morning tomorrow, although I do have to get the car through it's MOT - so that's likely to be a busy day, too. F**ksticks.

Onwards! To documentation! To full english! And caffiene!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,466
    At least you're still alive Rookie. Best get some filth watched on the net since you've got the place to yourself.

Morning Felchers,

Last day on the corporate hamster wheel so things are looking up. No bikes today but will be testing the YT tomorrow assuming me and a mate can actually manage to put the fecker together. Currently on train so about 20 minutes away from the first coffee of the day :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Meh - today is doing unpleasant things at work & not in a Gazler way :(

Later is pub - yeah
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    Good luck Rookie, hope you get out. You're in with a good chance as I think they try to sling people out for the weekend. Can they give you anything to boost your white blood cells? When I was on chemo if the count got too low they would give me an injection to increase production. It wasn't very pleasant though as it makes your legs and pelvis hurt like hell.
    Fryday today so I will be off to the cafe for dead pig based products.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Thanks for the good wishes guys, it really does mean a lot.

Rounds soon, let's see what the doctor said, not sure if I'll have the same one though as I'm on their fancy new all solitary ward, no ruddy ventilation in here either!

Was going to ask for a spinning machine to do some exercise on, what my chances do you think?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Hopefully things are on the up Rookie, Veronese68 is right about the injections for white blood cell count, Mrs 77 starts that on her next chemo cycle.

For me today mainly involves shirking while trying not to look like I'm shirking :wink:

Early finish as well so all in all not too shabby.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Spent 15 hours working in the uni hospital yesterday, got back at a stupid time this morning and lacking on sleep, consequently I spent today doing not a lot, tiny bit of studying and buidling the new bike up. It's soooo nice and also slightly sickening in a ghey roadie way. Now for some playbox :D
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Evening t1theads

soz i'm a bit late, bored to death finding out about going self employed today, then had a quick eighteen holes (other holes are available!)
    Just had a chinese takeaway, a bottle of rioja and am currently watching taped tv, it's all good.

Fingers crossed you get sorted soon rookie, so we can direct our fake online sympathies elsewhere!

Toodles
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er