Is Match.com real or fake?

willhub
willhub Posts: 821
edited June 2014 in The bottom bracket
Register on that, and you get loads of winks and loads of visits, but no other site has being like this, granted I took some time to make my profile on this one, but still..

Are they all fake visits and winks to get you to pay the insane amount of money they ask to register for it?

Comments

• drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    I used plentyoffish with great success, its free and no bull.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    I met my wife on Match, we both think that the fee was a baragain :lol:
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    Match.com has been going for years and yes it's a legit site. I met my wife on Yahoo Personals, 10 years ago now!
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    I am a bit old fashioned, met the wife in a pub.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    simonhead wrote:

I'm old school as well, the trouble with the internet is that you never know who you're really dealing with :shock:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    drlodge wrote:
    I used plentyoffish with great success, its free and no bull.
    I guess you're defining 'success' the same way that most of us would :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Just hang in places densely populated by women, hospital ( for the nurses and office staff) school ( for the teachers) Nurseries ( for the nurses) and good luck not getting arrested :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • arran77
    seanoconn wrote:
    Just hang in places densely populated by women, hospital ( for the nurses and office staff) school ( for the teachers) Nurseries ( for the nurses) and good luck not getting arrested :D

Things turned out ok for you didn't they :D
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • seanoconn
    arran77 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Things turned out ok for you didn't they :D
    Yup, very well and the police weren't called once :D
  • simonhead
    seanoconn wrote:

You forget tanning shops, nail salons, anywhere that has enough room for pushchairs and serves lattes or whilst at the gym around the cross trainers.
  • seanoconn
    simonhead wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

You forget tanning shops, nail salons, anywhere that has enough room for pushchairs and serves lattes or whilst at the gym around the cross trainers.
    Quite right, sorry Simon. And how could I forget the Gym!
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    I think the people who run them may be legit but there are definitely plenty of fakes on there.

We made two profiles a couple of years back, same person, one obviously very well off, the other no mention of wealth.
    Both using the same picture which was of an overweight 40 something (not me) and who do you think got the most messages ?
    Living MY dream.
  • simonhead
    seanoconn wrote:
    simonhead wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Quite right, sorry Simon. And how could I forget the Gym!
    It's a particular type of gym though. Big chain, Pilates and yoga classes, has a cafe/bar (normally imaginatively called the cafe bar). Unless th OP is looking for something a little exotic in which case he should try a traditional spit and sawdust place.
  • willhub
    willhub Posts: 821
    I'm getting winked left right & center on Match.com I've had to kill the app on my phone because it was getting so annoying!
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    I keep getting winked at on the train and in shops what should I do?
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • arran77
    willhub wrote:
    I'm getting winked left right & center on Match.com I've had to kill the app on my phone because it was getting so annoying!

You da man 8)

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    I think we need to give Willhub some proper constructive advice on how to score before his balls explode :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    simonhead wrote:

Urm, met mine at school
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    simonhead wrote:

Urm, met mine at school
    Were you at school at the time or just hanging around the gates at home time? :wink:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,194
    Willhub, mate. I'll introduce you to a woman who never gives you jip, never talks back, never has PMT, won't ever ask you to buy a round of drinks. Inflate to 40psi and if you like it tight, 50psi.

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fjapanesesexdolls.net%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2009%2F11%2Fsilicone_doll702.jpg&f=1

If she stands you up, just go for a weekend in Middlesborough taking in Club Bongo - you can't fail.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    simonhead wrote:

Urm, met mine at school
    Were you at school at the time or just hanging around the gates at home time? :wink:

bit of both!
  • arran77
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    simonhead wrote:

Urm, met mine at school

bit of both!

Pedo :P

seanoconn
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Willhub, mate. I'll introduce you to a woman who never gives you jip, never talks back, never has PMT, won't ever ask you to buy a round of drinks. Inflate to 40psi and if you like it tight, 50psi.

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fjapanesesexdolls.net%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2009%2F11%2Fsilicone_doll702.jpg&f=1

If she stands you up, just go for a weekend in Middlesborough taking in Club Bongo - you can't fail.

You're barred until you learn how to correctly spell "Middlesbrough"
  • simonhead wrote:
    Me too. I was a bit upset, she said she was going to her mother's 8)
  • pinno

F*ck, not another Mak 'Em. I suppose you're a tax assessor too?
  • smoggysteve

Just only come from the Boro, F@%k ever going back there. Left in 99 and never returned
  • pinno

Just only come from the Boro, F@%k ever going back there. Left in 99 and never returned

If you end up on a slippery path into misery and Celibacy like Willhub, it just might suck you back in.
  • Stevo_666

Tax assessor? Cheeky tw@t, I'm one of the good guys.
  • Stevo_666

You took your time - I bailed out in '87, lured by the promise of limitless cash and flange down in the Big Smoke :)
  • smoggysteve

If you end up on a slippery path into misery and Celibacy like Willhub, it just might suck you back in.

I think I will stay in Germany and avoid the hole that is the UK completely TBH.