Turdsday

The Rookie
The Rookie Posts: 27,812
edited May 2014 in The Crudcatcher
In the land of the crudcatcher this is hopefully a good day.

The reapers scythe has been blunted and I'm hopefully being discharged today, the ward matron (Before anyone has Hatty Jakes visions, this one is built more like Olive Oil!) allowed me a night without Oxygen and I've had no problems, may go for a jog later round the ward to prove I'm fine, after all even jogging is only one step at a time!

How's everyone else doing?
Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Much better than you! Glad you are on the mend

Morning

Work meh followed by study meh - if I get time a quick run to counteract the cider & crisps last night!
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning bum lovers,

Rookie, glad your going to get home to real food.

After a another night on my todd in London back to wales today thankfully, how anyone can live in this blighted city i have no idea.

Hopefully riding this weekend and packing up some stuff for Fort Bill
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    Work meh mainly today.

Countdown to weekend in Sunderland for annual school reunion piss up.

Mix of fear and excitement, in the midlands im some kind of drinking god, back home keeping up with me old mates nearly kills me :P

Rookie, are you in Warwick or Walsgrave?
  • The Rookie
    I'm in Warwick thankfully.....I can't fault the staff, visible cleanliness or food (although the menu options are a bit 'strange' sometimes.

Bribed the sister to tell the consultant how troublesome I am and disruptive to the other patients and that she really needs me off the ward......
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Good luck for the possible discharge Rookie :)

Today will consist solely of work meh for me today :roll:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    nice one rookie :D

today I've already done 3 jobs, I'm going to have to slow down or they'll expect me to do this much work everyday! :shock:

out for a spin on the borrowed hardtail later, that's about it.

see ya
  • The Rookie
    Well far from my bribe getting me kicked out they are now relegating me to solitary confinement, some excuse has been made about a dangerously low white blood cell count and a serious risk of new infections, but I'm sure that's just an excuse, in truth I think the nurses can no longer face a shift without my scintillating company and they are keeping me as their plaything!
  • welshkev
    The Rookie wrote:
    Well far from my bribe getting me kicked out they are now relegating me to solitary confinement, some excuse has been made about a dangerously low white blood cell count and a serious risk of new infections, but I'm sure that's just an excuse, in truth I think the nurses can no longer face a shift without my scintillating company and they are keeping me as their plaything!

pics of the nurses or it never happened...you knows the rules!
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    The Rookie wrote:
    Well far from my bribe getting me kicked out they are now relegating me to solitary confinement

Solitary confinement 8)

You alone, in a room full of nurses.....

:wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    arran77 wrote:
    The Rookie wrote:
    Well far from my bribe getting me kicked out they are now relegating me to solitary confinement

Solitary confinement 8)

You alone, in a room full of nurses.....

:wink:

male nurses?
  • The Rookie
    No male nurses.......

Pics of nurses in gowns with facemasks on..... Maybe it wasn't at excuse!
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Work. Air con is constantly on cold in our section of the new office as it is centrally controlled. Apparently the controls for it are in the roof or something. This better change as this office have spent the last week wearing coats in work.

Clients are all idiots. Seriously - someone asked me what excluded meant earlier. Some people shouldn't be allowed to borrow money or sign documents committing themselves to large debts.

This time next week will be a nice long (9 hourish) drive up to Fort William for the World Cup weekend. Bug repellent has been purchased in bulk.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    The Rookie wrote:
    I'm in Warwick thankfully.....I can't fault the staff, visible cleanliness or food (although the menu options are a bit 'strange' sometimes.

Lol at least in warwick you have a fighting chance of seeing daylight again, hope it all goes well
  • welshkev
    MissCMC wrote:
    This time next week will be a nice long (9 hourish) drive up to Fort William for the World Cup weekend. Bug repellent has been purchased in bulk.

you're brave spending that long with him in a confined space!! :shock:
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    welshkev wrote:
    MissCMC wrote:

you're brave spending that long with him in a confined space!! :shock:

Why do you think I have bought copious amounts of bug repellent and an electric shock zapper????
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • The Rookie
    I didn't realise they claim a Tazer would work on bugs.......
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    More of a tennis racquet isn't it?
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Hola sexy beeeeeetches!

Stop being a girl rookie, cough it up and crack on! (hope they let you go soon!

Been on a course to learn how to start my own business, not sure if i want to but it was a gash day off! Same again tomorrow!

In serious need of foods but the bottom feeder is playing hard to get! Anyone doing a patio? Need some land fill?

Pip pip!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Evening 'Tards,

It's bonus day tomorrow and the bank account will be full so may just do some shopping for shiny things and stuff to stick on the new bike :) That is all...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]