My Planet X RT-58 alloy

DRobins
DRobins Posts: 10
edited August 2014 in Your road bikes
Had a nice delivery from the courier yesterday! My planet x RT-58 alloy was delivered so thought I'd put a pic up on here for people to have a nosey at.

I've purchased it to replace a Triban 3 that was too big for me, and I'm pretty chuffed with it :D

20140520_133831_zps8e60e3dd.jpg

20140520_152041_zpsea255526.jpg

I put my pedals on after work and went for a quick spin, punctured 2 miles from home :x
But at least it gave me chance to test out my new mini pump and other bits that I've bought to carry out repairs on the move now I'm getting a little bit fitter/lighter and cycling further from home.

Hopefully I'll be able to go for a longer ride this weekend and give it a proper test.

Comments

• DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    Looking at these online they look really good value, so I'm eager to hear what you think of it once you've done some miles.

They do look better in blue, though ;)
    Red bikes are the fastest.
  • DRobins
    Black or blue was a really hard choice, I just preferred the black slightly. But the blue does look really good :D
  • Remarkable
    Remarkable Posts: 187
    Looks great. Best of luck with it. I bought one of these framesets last week. Surprised there aren't more of these on the forum yet. Its a seriously light frame for aluminum. Is it a 52 cm?
  • DRobins
    Yep I was surprised by how light it was, but then I only have my old Triban3 to compare it to.
    Its a 54 medium mate, it was the size recommended when I went to planet x a few weeks ago to order one.
  • dancing
    dancing Posts: 16
    DRobins wrote:
    Yep I was surprised by how light it was, but then I only have my old Triban3 to compare it to.
    Its a 54 medium mate, it was the size recommended when I went to planet x a few weeks ago to order one.

What height are you ? i'm 5'9 and seem to fall between small and medium.

Nice bike by the way.
  • Camcycle1974
    Camcycle1974 Posts: 1,356
    DRobins wrote:
    Had a nice delivery from the courier yesterday! My planet x RT-58 alloy was delivered so thought I'd put a pic up on here for people to have a nosey at.

I've purchased it to replace a Triban 3 that was too big for me, and I'm pretty chuffed with it :D

20140520_133831_zps8e60e3dd.jpg

20140520_152041_zpsea255526.jpg

I put my pedals on after work and went for a quick spin, punctured 2 miles from home :x
    But at least it gave me chance to test out my new mini pump and other bits that I've bought to carry out repairs on the move now I'm getting a little bit fitter/lighter and cycling further from home.

Hopefully I'll be able to go for a longer ride this weekend and give it a proper test.

Like these a lot. My next project I think is to buy a frame and move all my 105 stuff onto it from my Ribble 872 thus allowing me to go Ultegra 6800 on the Ribble! My mate has just bought one in blue so will be able to see one in the flesh soon.
  • zx6man
    zx6man Posts: 1,092
    Is that a standard build? Looks great.
  • DRobins
    Hi mate, sorry I've only just seen your question. Its a medium frame size, which seems to fit me just right, I went to planet X and they put one on the turbo for me, the only thing they recommended was a 90mm stem which I spec'd it with. Oh and for ref I'm 5ft10
  • Looks nice, any planned upgrades ? How's it been now you've had it a while ?

I wish I'd noticed when I ordered mine that the default seat colour is white, your black looks better.

Mind, I don't find it the most comfortable saddle so it will get swapped at some point.

Mine's also black and white with a few red highlights(skewers, valve and bar end caps) I've put on. It's a medium frame and I'm just under 6ft.

Glad I got it before they put the price up £100 !
  • nice bike , im waiting delivery on a pro carbon . did your bike come pretty much set up ? ie gears indexed properly