Bargain of the day

seanoconn
seanoconn Posts: 11,318
edited May 2014 in The bottom bracket
Sainsburys basics, 35p Scotch egg :D 36% egg, 21% pork, 57%? But who cares.

6.5/10 for taste, 10/10 for value :D
Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    I thought you liked a higher percentage of pork action :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    seanoconn wrote:
    But who cares.

The Scotch?
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • team47b
    edited May 2014
    seanoconn wrote:
    But who cares.

Seanoconn?
  • seanoconn
    Wow, they really care
  • arran77
    We heard you the first time grandad :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • team47b
    Far cough junior :D
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    How comes those north of the border don't give birth to live young like the rest of us? Is it to do with their crap weather?
  • team47b
    Pross wrote:
    How comes those north of the border don't give birth to live young like the rest of us? Is it to do with their crap weather?

Nah, crap diet :D
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Pross wrote:

Just a little behind in evolutionary terms but when we get invaded by foreigners, we can store the eggs so that we rise again.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Pross wrote:

Just a little behind in evolutionary terms but when we get invaded by foreigners, we can store the eggs so that we rise again.
    In that case, looks like we need to nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Oh goody, my stalker has gone to bed.
  • Stevo_666
    Who's that then?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Who's that then?

You just fell into the Piña trap, he wanted someone to ask that and you just massaged his ego :lol:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Who's that then?

You just fell into the Piña trap, he wanted someone to ask that and you just massaged his ego :lol:

I heard the splash all the way up here.
  • arran77
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Who's that then?

Qué :?

seanoconn
  • seanoconn
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Who's that then?

I find bamboo spears work best in traps. What was the water suppose to do, cushion the fall? :roll:
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Its amazing what additives are put into food these days, I would NEVER buy "brown foods" the types full of waste and preservatives. We go on about cigarettes and asbestos but these will pail into insignificance in years to come when the true tole of what we eat comes to fruition.

I have a son with ADHD and was amazed that the top 5 worst things to give kids with this condition were in our home.

It is also crazy to think that the amount of foods banned across the world are also freely available in the UK on the shelf, ready to purchase.

You see people queuing at places like farm foods for a pizza for 99p and a 6 pack of meat pies for £1.50, do these people honestly believe that the ingredients will be value for money ? it is 100% false economy bought about by stupidity of people thinking they are getting a bargain.

Im not trying to slate the OP and his Scotch Eggs, I'm just talking in general.
    Living MY dream.
  • raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    As a non-meat eater of 30 years, I have on more than one occassion been offered a scotch egg at buffets/picnics etc 'Because you don't eat meat but you do eat eggs don't you?' !! Doh!
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • seanoconn
    VTech wrote:
    Its amazing what additives are put into food these days, I would NEVER buy "brown foods" the types full of waste and preservatives. We go on about cigarettes and asbestos but these will pail into insignificance in years to come when the true tole of what we eat comes to fruition.

I have a son with ADHD and was amazed that the top 5 worst things to give kids with this condition were in our home.

It is also crazy to think that the amount of foods banned across the world are also freely available in the UK on the shelf, ready to purchase.

You see people queuing at places like farm foods for a pizza for 99p and a 6 pack of meat pies for £1.50, do these people honestly believe that the ingredients will be value for money ? it is 100% false economy bought about by stupidity of people thinking they are getting a bargain.

Im not trying to slate the OP and his Scotch Eggs, I'm just talking in general.

Did you buy the 35p Scotch egg in the end?
  • arran77
    VTech wrote:

Totally agree, people often think that you can't well or healthily if you have a limited income but I really don't go along with this, people simply can't be bothered and the types of foods you mention are simply easier and more convenient for them.

seanoconn
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    One of the nicest meals I've cooked lately is rice, onions, peppers and teriyaki sauce. Total cost to feed 5 people = £5.90 and all ingredients of high quality.

OK, I'm no chef but decided to cook more and you can eat at a fair price.
    Living MY dream.
  • Stevo_666
    arran77 wrote:
    you just massaged his ego :lol:
    What a horrible thought...
  • pinno
    What gets me is that those fish supper (and a diet coke please) chomping 'I can't eat well 'cos I am skint' reptiles, is that I know for a fact they will sit down to their battered sausage or microwave Pizza infront of a 46" HD flat screen TV, spend £40 a week on fags and think nothing of spending £60 on a night out. (I know quite a few of them).