Wedmongsday thread

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,831
edited May 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Mornin

Assume TKM aka the thread starter is off today!

Driven into work today as legs are numb from yesterdays commute.

Today is meetings on unpleasant things followed by MBA, not a beer or cheer in sight :(

laters

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

I trust rookie made it through the night?

found out yesterday that I've got invited back for a second interview, which is good 8) but it's a technical assessment and some stuff I haven't done in years, I best get brushing up then.

laters
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Yes the Rookie made it through the night, fever broke at about 3am so at least I feel a lot better, Oxygen levels still poor(even when I'm on Oxygen) but hopeful of a discharge today......consultant comes round at about 10.......
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning fudge packers,

Gratz on your survival Rookie, pictures of nurses?

Stuck in London for another night today, not much fun really but least I am getting fat on all the chips i keep eating...

Laters
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,251
    I think Rookie knobbled me somehow during the night. I can't imagine why else I would feel so rough this morning, thought I was going to throw up during a very slow ride in.
    Glad you're feeling better, even though I'm dying.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Once you get the all clear then can we have pictures of the nurses :wink:
    The Rookie wrote:
    hopeful of a discharge today......consultant comes round at about 10.......

Morning hoes.

Serious case of CBA here today, trying to keep out of the bosses way but it's proving difficult, not much else apart from meh will happen today :roll:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • The Rookie
    I didn't think that voodoo doll would work.... Worth every penny! Only joking, sorry to hear you are feeling a LITTLE under the weather.

Keeping me in another day due to my poor Oxygen levels, circa 88% when off the Oxygen (still only 92% on it when it should be circa 97) anything below 85 is considered dangerous.

Touch of humour though, they are doing an HIV test as such a serious pneumonia is rare in someone as young (nice doctor) and fit as me, a significant proportion are positive....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Got to bed at 3am after a 15 hour shift, was woken at 8am by housemong slamming the front door repeatedly for some reason, not sure why he felt the need to other than he's a cunt. It's fairly easy to open and close quietly in a regular manner, you kind of pull down on the handle, pull the door towards you, then step out of it, pull the door slowly back to you then wait for it the lock to click. Kind of like how a door works.I managed to get back to sleep eventually.

It also seems he couldn't be arsed to take the wheelie bin down to the road either so it's full and we'll have to wait another two weeks for it to be emptied... not impressed when I eventually got up to discover this. It seems the only thing he can actually manage to do around the house is sometimes put some stuff in the dishwasher and fill the sink, it would appear he's not discovered how the taps work though. At the moment I feel like stabbing him in the face with a screwdriver.

Today I have th day off so will be studying, hopefully some bikes too and then an early night as I'm tired and cranky already (can you tell) and I've got another stupid shift tomorrow.

TTFN
  • veronese68
    The Rookie wrote:
    I didn't think that voodoo doll would work.... Worth every penny! Only joking, sorry to hear you are feeling a LITTLE under the weather.
    Sssh, no need to shout.
    Sorry you're stuck in there for another night, obviously hope you're clear on the test. I'd have thought a strange bug from your Indian travels more likely though. My opinion is based on my vast medical knowledge built up by having seen a couple of episodes of House.
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    Apologies for mentioning it here but i went for a ride this morning, first since last autumn, general laziness and being in peak physical unhealthyness main issues.

Any way guilt bike finally kicked in an went for an 8 mile mud slog on a local single track. Loved it covered in mud and big grin on face.

Unfourtunately had a big off.

Was it a big drop off...............no

Was it some gnarly roots...............could be

Was it my 29" tyres deciding to skid across rather roll over a 6mm upstand on a bullnose kerb 100 yards from my house.....................feck Yesh

Luckily my shoulder and leg acted as a brake for me.

1234693_10202817661775015_3341951006348038041_n.jpg

CRUDITE STATUS MAINTAINED!!!!
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    I've got a plate in my shoulder, rookie nearly died last night, and your're bringing a graze to the table? Pfft
  • veronese68
    Don't forget I'm dying of hangover, that's much worserer.
  • The Rookie
    Strange Indian bugs being tested for including Dengue fever (only look it up if you have a strong disposition), legionnaires from the hotel and sundry other possibles, it still seems most likely I had a nasty viral infection that then let a bacterial infection in under my bodies radar, but the above two would be a straight infection as cause.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    The Rookie wrote:
    Strange Indian bugs being tested for including Dengue fever (only look it up if you have a strong disposition), legionnaires from the hotel and sundry other possibles, it still seems most likely I had a nasty viral infection that then let a bacterial infection in under my bodies radar, but the above two would be a straight infection as cause.

What about an 'association' with GT's mum?
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • The Rookie
    Well they are doing an HIV test as pneumonia at my age and fitness is rare and a significant proportion of sufferers are positive, does that cover it?
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Told you not to go on her after matthew h
  • mak3m
    I've got a plate in my shoulder, rookie nearly died last night, and your're bringing a graze to the table? Pfft

WTF dislocated and bruised ego trumps all.
  • mak3m
    The Rookie wrote:
    Well they are doing an HIV test as pneumonia at my age and fitness is rare and a significant proportion of sufferers are positive, does that cover it?

one advantage of being my age and fitness then, they'd just say pneumnia and allow me to die peacefully of some hospital aquired infection, well that or dehydration :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    mak3m wrote:
    my 29" tyres
    Serves you right...

Afternoon Knuckle Draggers and Shufflers,

Had today off to give the ankle biter a bit of moral support for her trip to the dentist where she's starting a course of jaw realaignment/tooth rearranging. My wallet will suffer for this but it's worth it. Now doing a some very half hearted work fuelled by coffee and browsing the interweb.

Looking forward to the weekend, which will be dry and sunny for a change. The Panzer will get built up with the help of a mate who can spanner, thentest ridden on some dirt jumps down at Bedgebury as we've got no proper DH round here. Will try to sort some build pics for you techie nutters.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • The Rookie
    mak3m wrote:
    The Rookie wrote:

one advantage of being my age and fitness then, they'd just say pneumnia and allow me to die peacefully of some hospital aquired infection, well that or dehydration :wink:
    Erm, are you older than me then? (47)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    The Rookie wrote:
    mak3m wrote:
    The Rookie wrote:

Surprised they haven't just abandoned you on a trolley in a the corridor :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • mak3m
    The Rookie wrote:

41 5/6's ;) so im going to rely on my lack of fitness

and if you come back with you're 30 stone and need a fat trike to hit the trails you can feck right off
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Told you not to go on her after matthew h

I was too pissed..... :)
  • veronese68
    Pissed again. Out for a mates 50th so had to have a drink. Is this what it feels like to be MattH?
  • The Rookie
    No, you're sober in between......

Not 30 stone, it's pronounced thirteen stone........