CAAAAAD10

angry_bird
angry_bird Posts: 3,786
edited March 2016 in Your road bikes
So I really fancied a new bike, and I'd been saving for a while so yeah, got myself a CAAD10.

Apologies for the kitchen photo, it's raining outside.

The plan is to put a groupset on it in the next few days, and some pedals, then wait for the sunshine and ride it. I know the wheels are only PX things, but I've got them lying around doing nothing so I might as well make use of them, eventually I'd like to put some lighter ones on when funds allow.

14103100778_9b0de08114_c.jpg

I know this angle makes the saddle-bar drop look quite extreme, at the moment the saddle is about 0.5-1cm higher than it needs to be, still gives me quite a drop though but it's what I'm used to, in fact it's giving me pretty much exactly the same position as the current bike, there is some leeway to adjust it though should I feel the need.

My mate is trying to persuade me to take the decals off the wheels, I'm unsure, the chap down at the LBS think I should leave them on to provide a bit of contrast so it's not completely boring stealth and I think I'm inclined to agree with him.

14286408051_896f13fede_c.jpg

At the moment my favourite bit is how well the seatpost stripe matches the frame. Also the lightness of it. It's nice!!!

14309927203_aa5e999401_z.jpg

Comments

• ascurrell
    ascurrell Posts: 1,739
    Very nice, looking very good. I can see both points about the decals. Personally I think I would leave the planet x ones on for contrast and take the other parts off before the planet x ones. Either way looks great and will be interested to see pics later and find out how much it weighs.
  • smokey_bacon
    smokey_bacon Posts: 1,639
    Gorgeous frame. Id keep the decals on if it were up to me.
  • angry_bird
    Cheers for the comments, I'm very excited to get it finished now. Hmm I think I quite fancy keeping the decals, they do brighten it up a bit.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Nice looking frame, but don't ever ride it on a turbo! :-)

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • slowandsteady
    slowandsteady Posts: 339
    Great frame. Same as mine.

I can see how a frame below £1000 could be any better.
    Wilier Cento Uno SR 2013 in Fluro Yellow
    Cannondale Caad10 2014 in BLACK!!
  • Very nice, good design and looks robust. Easily the best cooker I have seen on here though the utensil pot looked a little crowded.
  • metronome
    metronome Posts: 670
    Very nice :D I do fancy one of these.
    tick - tick - tick
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    Been looking at the black inc version with DI2. It's up for £2k as a complete bike so I assume the fact you can buy the frame for £750 ish means the Black inc is not good value? Was £2700 at one point apparently. :?
  • angry_bird
    I guess if you want Di2 it's probably good value, depends how much you can buy a groupset for, I've not seen many below £1k, then add some wheels and finishing kit, you're probably over what the full build cost...
  • n3crophile
    n3crophile Posts: 52
    super hot - i love these black caad10s! if i were you, i would be wanting to take off those wheel stickers but i would wait until the build was complete before doing so. even then i would find it hard not to take them off, but then again i am a ninja.
  • angry_bird
    Groupset has arrived... got a bit of work to do this morning then I think I'll build her up this afternoon while the Giro is on. Exciting!!!
  • angry_bird
    edited May 2014
    14305236391_2d7d7b7e10_b.jpg

All done, not had chance to take her out yet and thanks to my shifts unlikely to happen unti Tuesday, at least she'll stay nice and clean though :lol: Weighing in a shade under 7.5kg.

CAAD10 2014 56cm frame
    DA 9000 groupset w. 50/39 chainrings & Ultegra carbon pedals
    Planet X 52mm clinchers
    3T finishing kit
    Selle Italia SLR Flow
    Pro Bar tape

Very happy :D
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Good work.
  • angry_bird
    Thanks.

So I've managed to get a couple of short rides in on it despite a very busy weekend... ended up working midday through to the early hours both days so kind of ruined most of the biking opportunities but still I squeezed a couple of hour long rides here and there. What I've decided so far.

A) It goes like stink, power transfer is so much better than I'm used to.
    B) The ride is fantastic, much nicer than the other bike
    C) It looks fantasitc
    D) It's a joy to climb on
    E) The gearing is great, a wide enough range with a nice close spread and great shifting.

Only thing that I think will take some getting used to are the shapes of the hoods but that's not a big deal, it's just feeling a bit strange for now.
  • Vandiesel
    Vandiesel Posts: 506
    Colour scheme is cracking and DA goes so well with it!
    I gather you have rather long legs!!
    Giant TCR Composite 3
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    Is the ride firm/harsh?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    It looks fantastic Angrybird
  • angry_bird
    Vandiesel wrote:
    Colour scheme is cracking and DA goes so well with it!
    I gather you have rather long legs!!

Thanks, I wasn't sure how good the DA would look but I'm pleased, and yep, relatively long legs.
    solboy10 wrote:
    Is the ride firm/harsh?

No, I've not found it to be too harsh at all which I'm rather impressed by, currently the tyres are 23mm GP4000s. Hopefully get a long ride in at the weekend and see how I feel after several hours in the saddle on it, but so far very happy.
    matthew h wrote:
    It looks fantastic Angrybird

Cheers, it's even nicer in the flesh!
  • rickeverett
    rickeverett Posts: 988
    sooooo nice

just wondering - can you get the CAAD10 Frameset in anything other than Black ?
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    That looks like a duvet in the kitchen.
  • angry_bird
    sooooo nice

just wondering - can you get the CAAD10 Frameset in anything other than Black ?

As far as I'm aware the current framesets are only available in black I'm afraid.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    That does look the mutt's nuts, very nice.
  • angry_bird
    So, this happened...

25556001913_bbeb4e76a9_b.jpg

Me likey new wheels.

Completely obliterated the PXs racing up near Aber a few weeks ago. Thought I'd treat myself given it's pretty much nearly almost summer now.
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,489
    Ooh, very nice.

I've got a few year old black / white CAAD 10 105 with raceblades which gets used in all weather, and I've recently changed my "fair weather" bike for a matt black CAAD 12 ultegra.