Kaiser Challenge 2014

Gazlar
Gazlar Posts: 8,084
edited July 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Afternoon scuttlers

Apologies for my absence again of late, I know how much you all miss me, but I come bearing news.

Firstly as some of you will be aware, the Kaiser is now up and running on the new downhill at Cwmcarn.

Secondly its that time of the year that the Kaiser Challenge looks for volunteers again to participate for charity in memory of a proper crudder legend. Details are sparse at the minute but what I can reveal is that it'll be on

Saturday July 12th

And the event is a swim and bike ride. I can't reveal much more than that, but what I think I know it's that the swim will suit all abilities (including non swimmers such as myself) and the bike ride I think we'll be bristol to Cwmcarn to officially open the Kaiser section.

It world be great if we can get a big crudcatcher delegation on board for this and maybe do the ride on mountain bikes and show those hippy roadies what the Kaise was all about. Plus there will be ladies in swimwear so if that doesn't tempt you then you need leaving in a ditch.

If you're interested, say below and as soon as I have more details I'll fill you in so to speak

Love you all

Xxxx

Your old pal, Gazlar
Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
Amy
Farnsworth
Zapp

Comments

• projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    I'd love to, but having not been on the bike for over 8 months or done much (Cough any) sporting activity I'd keel over and die. I might have to head over to Cwmcarn and shout abuse at you guys though, but can't make any promises
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Mr Gazlar sir,
    I shall be doing my damnedest to join you in this challenge.

Regards

Lord Robinson of the Shire.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    I too will be doing my damndest, though I am busy around then and may need to be back North for the Sunday. I haven't been on the bike as much as I'd like in the last few months (once) so will be getting my funk on and getting out as much as possible.

This is mainly for the possibility of seeing women in swimwear. It's been a while. Please promise me though, Gaz, you'll not be joining them in the bikini competition!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Going to have to do this, I think!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Gazlar
    Top men. I've been assured the swimming is 4ft deep at all times and the ride is about 50 miles. This means much opportunity for voyeurism

Any more takers?
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Probabaly wont be able to do the ride, but may be able to meet at the end to ride the Kaiser trail.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    I'm a possible mate. as I mentioned to you there's a very good chance i'll be on holiday.
  • VWsurfbum
    Swimming in 4ft of water?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    I'll be around at some point that weekend. Having a think about taking part...
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • VWsurfbum
    I'm trying to convince the wife that she can do it too, give her a little challenge. So far the air is a little blue around the subject.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Gazlar
    Swimming in 4ft of water yeah, remember an inch is enough to down you and 3ft is enough to hide a raging erection
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    I don't fancy the embarrassment of drowning with a hard on (nor the risk being touched inappropriately by one of you weirdos.)

I would love to do this (as I can't swim, makes it a worthwhile challenge,) but Saturdays are a no go for me the next couple of months due to new job. I'll happily sponsor your endeavor.
  • VWsurfbum
    Dammit Ste i was looking forward to drowning you with an inappropriate touch ;)
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    You're such a romantic
  • Gazlar
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    inappropriate touch ;)

One of Phil Collins lesser known hits!

Dammit Ste we've got chips and everything!
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    I'm not on holiday :D

so i'll be at cwmcarn for the opening thingy 8)
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Will need to check at work on Wednesday, but I may be up for this. If the water's only 4ft deep, can we ride that section? (those who did the CC2CC will understand that one... )
  • VWsurfbum
    I have signed up under team sausage
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • VWsurfbum
    So who else is "in training" ?
    I still havent had any training swims, and after chatting to a mate about it last week, the last time i swam that distance i was in junior school, close to 30 years ago lol
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • VWsurfbum
    I have done a swim!
    Did a ride-swim-ride on Sunday, i don't suck as bad as i thought i would but that said i doubt i'll be able to swim the full distance without dying to death.

So who else of you reprobates is actually coming?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • VWsurfbum
    Well its the monday after the challenge, what another brilliantly organised event.
    the crudder contingent was basically me a Gazlar, but you can stil repent by paying us you whores.

Anywhoo as promised a couple of pictures, lots more were taken by other people as we were either in the water or on a bike.

Gazlar : Haslehoffing
    20140712_104053.jpg
    20140712_103138.jpg
    20140712_104246.jpg
    20140712_104255.jpg

Me with Kaiser Snr sporting my goggles and swim hat, very fetching
    20140712_110145.jpg

Raising a glass for Kaise in the barn after the ride
    20140712_195838.jpg
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Oh Marone
    Oh Marone Posts: 261
    First off, congrats for doing the challenge.

Secondly, I never knew we had a celebrity crudder. Can you sort me out with Pennys phone number :D
    20140712_110145.jpg
    sheldon_theremin_zps1e6d45eb.png
  • VWsurfbum
    Ha Ha! brilliant, thats better than the other picture likeness i got.
    10560532_10203909277713209_4276761629936262868_o.jpg
    10369912_10153056898502516_959985775281324423_n.jpg?oh=f53e0fcb774d7ee506230e4d14ba086a&oe=543B4C89&__gda__=1415221430_ebb4f4848eec60d7fc83844cdb70717b

What i actually look like
    10492295_10154339983820315_6829251337720936717_n.jpg?oh=74ca8ad941a08345e778ae5aea940084&oe=5440F1D8&__gda__=1414809277_ae0c4e2934af03fd229269ffc2c78ef9
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty