Transition Trans Am 27.5 build

DigitalStorm
DigitalStorm Posts: 59
edited April 2015 in Your mountain bikes
This is my first ever build so hoping it all goes ok.

The Frame.

IMG_0008_zps6913b6fc.jpg

The Wheels and Pedals.

IMG_0009_zps5bf2ccf1.jpg

And the rest of the build.

IMG_0013_zpscd6c8734.jpg

Frame: Transition Trans Am 27.5 4130 Butted Seamless Chromoly (ED Anti-Corossion Coating), Bermuda Blue

Forks: Rockshox Revelation RCT3 solo air 27.5 140mm, diffusion black.

Drivetrain: Full Shimano SLX 2X10 with shadow+ rear derailleur.

Wheels: Superstar Tactic 27.5 with Tesla Evo hubs 15mm maxle front, 142mm/12mm rear, in black.

Seatpost: Rockshox Reverb 125mm 30.9mm.

Brakes: Shimano SLX with 180mm Ice Tech rotors.

Shifters: Shimano SLX rapidfire plus.

Headset: Hope Tapered.

Bar and stem: Nukeproof Warhead 760mm 20mm riser bar, Nukeproof Warhead 60mm stem, both in black.

Grips: ODI Rogue.

Pedals: Superstar Nanotech thru pin, black.

Saddle: Charge Scoop, black.

Front tyre: Specialized Purgatory Grid 2.3.

Rear tyre: Specialized Ground Control 2.1.

Still waiting on the tyres and saddle to arrive and the bars, stem and rear derailleur have been taken off my old Zesty.

I will be building it over the next week or so when I get time maybe after work or this weekend.
Transition Trans AM 27.5
Niner ROS9

Comments

• Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    Jolly nice. Very good spec choice- you have spent the money on the right parts
  • ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    So glad to see a Trans AM on here.. I think they look awesome!

Should be a great build, and put some pictures on the Transition bikes thread when it's finished ;)
  • Well nearly all done now, should be finished tomorrow hopefully.
    Only shifters, cables and chain to fit. I still need to shorten brake and reverb hoses but will do that next weekend.
    Transition Trans AM 27.5
    Niner ROS9
  • ej2320
    Awesome!

And I wouldn't worry about the brake hoses.. I've had my Covert built for 5 months now and still haven't shortened them ;)
  • Well it is finished, as stated above I still need to shorten brake and reverb hoses.
    I am glad I went for a medium frame, I was going to get a small, as it fits real nice and just a few bits of tinkering should sort it how I need.

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

Just took it for a quick hour spin round local area and it feels fast and sure footed but need to hit some trails to really find out.
    Transition Trans AM 27.5
    Niner ROS9
  • ej2320
    Looks good!

Any idea what the head angle is at? I'd guess 68 degrees
  • Yeah, head angle is 67.5 degrees with 140mm Rev fork.
    Transition Trans AM 27.5
    Niner ROS9
  • Dawesy92
    Dawesy92 Posts: 606
    Awesome built mate, looks good, how are ya finding the forks?? Ive got the same coming on my new bike so just wondering really...
  • Forks seem really plush but I have only done a quick thrash round the local area up to now.
    I am off to Hamsterley at the weekend so I will have a better idea then, but first impressions are good.
    Transition Trans AM 27.5
    Niner ROS9
  • MarkHod1
    MarkHod1 Posts: 21
    How's the bike running for you now? I am looking at building trans am frame (although the 2015 frame isn't that beautiful blue of yours) very similar to your build (slx drivetrain 2x10, revelation 140mm fork maybe a pike if my budget can stretch to it) so it would be great your thoughts on your bike. thanks.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Very nice. I quite fancy the 29er version of this.
    Its worth dropping the lowers off the fork and giving them some lower lube. Rockshox forks quite often come without any (or very little) oil in the lowers. Improves the way the work and reduces wear.
  • MarkHod1 wrote:
    How's the bike running for you now? I am looking at building trans am frame (although the 2015 frame isn't that beautiful blue of yours) very similar to your build (slx drivetrain 2x10, revelation 140mm fork maybe a pike if my budget can stretch to it) so it would be great your thoughts on your bike. thanks.

Nice bike. @MarkHod1 if you are looking at the 2015 frame i thinks it's designed for 1 x drive trains only. I was looking at the 29er version.
  • MarkHod1 wrote:

The bike is running ace thanks Mark, it is just a great fun bike to ride and I love how direct is feels.
    I have changed to a single ring up front, a hope 32t, and a zee rear derailleur with xt 11-36 cassette. It is so good I sold my full sus as this does what I need.
    I will post a new pic when I get back in from work with the single ring setup.
    I also have just built a Niner ROS9 up with similar spec, XT instead of SLX, and if I could just have the one bike it would be the Trans Am.
    Transition Trans AM 27.5
    Niner ROS9