Velo Vie, my first carbon build, rare ?

ascurrell
ascurrell Posts: 1,739
edited May 2014 in Your road bikes
Here's my Velo Vie, I bought the frameset off a guy on bikeradar. In the process of building it but as I had the camera out thought I would post a pic of current state.
Does anyone know of any other Velo Vies in the UK ? They are from Arizona in the States, well probably from far east originally?
Costs are looking good so far with some decent kit and I will post other pics / details [if you want them] as I go along

DSCI1934.jpg

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Tilt 'bars down dude.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Price_jg
    Price_jg Posts: 17
    Nice. How much has it cost you so far?
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Proprietary mould stuff, looks just like my Planet X pro carbon, no bad thing but pretty generic.
  • ascurrell
    Tilt 'bars down dude.

At the moment the bars are like that because in the last three years I've had artificial [two off] discs replaced in my neck, two operations for frozen shoulder and one for impingement of shoulder. Plus I suffer from spondylolisthesis so unfortunately I due struggle to stretch and get position. But I haven't even fitted a seatpost yet so final positions will change.
    I only took pics on spur of moment.
  • ascurrell
    Price_jg wrote:
    Nice. How much has it cost you so far?

Thanks, cost so far is £754, that's with all the parts inclusive of any postage. Parts include

Frame and fork new condition [never built up before]

Fulcrum Racing 5.5 with Vittoria Diamate pro light tyres, new condition removed from new Cervelo [new USE skewers]

Zipp SLC2 TB full carbon bars
    leather bar tape

FSA Team Issue carbon chainset
    FSA OS99 full carbon stem [new and genuine]
    FSA sl-k full carbon seatpost [genuine] or may fit a Look ergo carbon post

Specialized Toupe Expert [new]

STI levers and front and rear mechs and cassette 5700 series [all new from new bike]

plus other bits, got some good deals on the way I think
  • ascurrell
    tim wand wrote:
    Proprietary mould stuff, looks just like my Planet X pro carbon, no bad thing but pretty generic.

Appreciate your comment but the rarity I was referring to was the fact it was a Velo Vie branded bike. The frame although never used is a few years old, it was brought over by someone thinking about starting a franchise up for the brand.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Well you don't see one of those every day. Looks like you've built up a well spec'd bike for not a lot of cash. Enjoy!
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • ascurrell
    Well you don't see one of those every day. Looks like you've built up a well spec'd bike for not a lot of cash. Enjoy!

Thanks for the comment, I think I've sourced some good deals, because of health problems [so in no hurry] I've been able to take my time, for example the full carbon Zipp bars [light use] £17 posted
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    ascurrell wrote:
    tim wand wrote:

Appreciate your comment but the rarity I was referring to was the fact it was a Velo Vie branded bike. The frame although never used is a few years old, it was brought over by someone thinking about starting a franchise up for the brand.

Wasn't being critical, I love my PX great frames for the money and you appear to have added some real decent componentry to your build at great value, Your right I ve never seen one of these before, but the lay up and tubeset do remind me of my Px Pro Carbon.

Enjoy, Nothing improves the health more on a physical and mental level then getting out on the bike :D
  • ascurrell
    tim wand wrote:
    ascurrell wrote:
    tim wand wrote:

Wasn't being critical, I love my PX great frames for the money and you appear to have added some real decent componentry to your build at great value, Your right I ve never seen one of these before, but the lay up and tubeset do remind me of my Px Pro Carbon.

Enjoy, Nothing improves the health more on a physical and mental level then getting out on the bike :D

Thanks for comments Tim, PX are certainly great value. All we need is some decent weather now, I've got 3 inches of water laying outside the back door !!!
  • djhermer
    djhermer Posts: 328
    Looks good. Love it :wink:
  • ascurrell
    djhermer wrote:
    Looks good. Love it :wink:

thanks appreciate that, took my time but getting there lol
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    super...