blackice Posts: 6
edited May 2014 in MTB buying advice
I'm looking to get a hardtail and have a budget of up to £750

Preferably 26" :shock:

Suggestions please?

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Why 26"? Anyway, get looking at the Boardman range at Halfords, best value for money available at that price point.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • blackice
    blackice Posts: 6
    Why 29?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    To ride what?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • RNVB-85
    RNVB-85 Posts: 5
    I agree with Rookie. I picked up a Boardman ht 650b Comp on Saturday and its a cracking bike. Not 26" but its very good, I now prefer 650's after having nothing but 26" previously.

I narrowed my choice down to either the Carrera Fury, Voodoo Hoodoo or the Boardman. Might have gone for the Fury if it hadn't been downgraded
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    What sort of riding are you looking to do ?

Some very good second hand bikes that are 26" in that price range. I would go by the bike rather than the wheel size unless you are very sure.
  • badger kev
    badger kev Posts: 30
    +1 for the Boardman comp 650b picked one up monday from halfords they had a 10% off deal and got a further 10% off being a British cycling club member £526 all in ,great bike for the money .Not had chance to cane it yet on the trails but all the reviews look promising .Another to consider the Voodoo Hoodoo another great bike for the money again you can only get it from halfords ,I know there are a lot of halfords haters because of poor build up service but get either of those two bikes and get them built properley (mate /local bike shop) and you wont regret it,a lot of bike for the money.
  • Giantmatt75
    Giantmatt75 Posts: 149
    Got some good deals on pauls cycles site to suit most people