edited May 2014 in The bottom bracket
here we go again, another week looms like a loomy thing

have a lovely week, i'm off for a ride

bwahahaha
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Meant to go riding this morning - absolutely pouring down espresso, chilling, heading down the beach with the sprogs foraging at 10.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Not bad here... Still in bed on the iPad, contemplating a ride, missus off to a car boot with her sister, garden needs some attention. Decisions, decisions...
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Not bad here... Still in bed on the iPad, contemplating a ride, missus off to a car boot with her sister, garden needs some attention. Decisions, decisions...

How much is she selling the sister for? Any pictures of her norks before she's sold.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    It's stopped raining here, might ride bikes at some point, otherwise it's studying as rather fortunately my schedule put my shifts the right side of the bank holiday, so the group that was covering the ER last week has to work an 8 day week and cover today while I only have a 6 day week starting tomorrow.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    conference call in a min has stopped this morning ride :(

cider & festival later, might mean a ride in the morning to compensate :)
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,593
    matthew h wrote:
    conference call in a min has stopped this morning ride :(

cider & festival later, might mean a ride in the morning to compensate :)
    That surely constitutes bad planning.
    You are either compromising your cider drinking, or your morning ride.
    Or even worse, both.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    of all the things i enjoy missing on hols, enjoying missing conference calls and webex is around the top of the list

it's monday, that can only mean one thing...

enhance my ride by stopping at the baker's for freshly made churros and a cafe solo!
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Weather was sh!te here at 6am, junior had kept me awake for most of the night and I'm still feeling jet lagged....... So the bed won !
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    This morning has dawned wet and miserable so that means only one thing......ditch the riding plans and put the scalextric set together so that the children can do some racing :mrgreen:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I presume you include yourself as one of the children. I used to build a huge Scalextric track at my folks' gaff when they went away. The boy has lost interest in it now.
    Weather is rather moist so a day pottering around the house and garage. Went out for a ride with the boy on his MTB to check it over before Swinley this week. I now know I need to true the back wheel and straighten the mech hanger.
    Coffee first.
  • Just back from a ride, the sun comes out....
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,160
    Morning 'Tards,

Just catching up with some admin and getting supplies. Later I may take a photo of the huge cardboard box in the garage that contains my new bike and post it on here to tease Arran :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Scotland - rain
  • nathancom wrote:
    Scotland - rain

Not even just Scottish rain ... absolutely lashing down an hour ago and flooded back garden ...

So a lazy afternoon with Roisin Murphy's Mi Senti ep ...
  • fat_cat
    fat_cat Posts: 566
    Set the alarm early this morning to go for a ride. Could hear the rain lashing on the conservatory roof, so quick change of plan and went back to bed.

Eventually dragged myself down the LBS to get bike serviced. Apparently needs new chain and cassette. Really will have to improve My own fettling skills.

Still lashing it down.

BORED :(
  • Stevo_666
    FAO Arran, here's my progress to date with the new bike build:

SteveSpicypicsMay2014001-1.jpg

Watch this space :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    Impressive, well done Stevo :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Scalextric brings back painful memories... My parents got me one but with an unspeakable act of cruelty they got a set with the sharp inside bends and the jolly cars would never stay on the track. How they must have hated me...

Garden done and looking reasonably tidy, ride done and dusted. Sister unfortunately was not sold at car boot. Getting cloudy now so indoors listening to Bose sound link mini through iPad and contemplating another coffee
  • Stevo_666
    arran77 wrote:

You may have noticed in the background the bike I'll sell to Pinno...
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

You may have noticed in the background the bike I'll sell to Pinno...

That'll suit him a treat :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    Yep, the 'Raleigh Diva 24' is the latest set of hot wheels in the mountain biking world, especially now my daughter has outgrown it :P
  • arran77
    Diva :lol:

It gets even better......Piña the Diva :wink:

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Perfect. Bruiser was a bit too manly for him.
  • Stevo_666
    Wait 'till he sees The Panzer :)
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    how can a lapierre be a panzer? thought you had got a Canyon...
  • Stevo_666
    florerider wrote:
    how can a lapierre be a panzer? thought you had got a Canyon...
    It's not, the Lappierre is up for sale. New bike is the Panzer:

TUES_comp_3.jpg

(It's a YT - German mail order jobbie like Canyon).
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    that is sweet - looks like it has tons of fork travel for all i know about mtb...
  • Stevo_666
    nathancom wrote:
    that is sweet - looks like it has tons of fork travel for all i know about mtb...
    You're dead right. When the ladies ask, I can tell them honestly that I have 8 inches :)
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    nathancom wrote:
    You're dead right. When the ladies ask, I can tell them honestly that I have 8 inches :)

I also tell the ladies I have 8 inches, but to achieve this, I have to fold it in half. :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    nathancom wrote:

I also tell the ladies I have 8 inches, but to achieve this, I have to fold it in half. :wink:
    You own a Brompton?