Project fuji track

explosifpete
explosifpete Posts: 1,327
edited May 2014 in Your road bikes
Just ventured in to London to collect a fuji track bike I brought off the gumtree for £60.
I knew it was gonna be rough but it really isn't in great shape.
Stripped it down when I got back to the safety of the countryside, everything was seized and the seat post is still stuck, currently soaking in some penetrating fluid so fingers crossed it will come out tomorrow.
The owner has done an odd modification to it and decided the seat stay bridge isn't needed so hack-sawed it out to get the rear wheel in closer!
So once the post is removed that's job number one to repair, got me thinking, just put a new bridge in or put a triangular piece of steel plate in and then cut something fancy in to it? Think i'm keener to see if I can do it rather than wanting it as it could look a bit shit.
The back wheel is probably the best bit but why did it have to be purple!!!!!
fuji1_zpsb3f0efe4.jpg

Comments

• explosifpete
    Getting the seat post out was tough, had to get the blow torch on it.
    I've ground the stubs of the brake bridge off and stripped the paint off, just need to make an fit the brake bridge and then its time for painting, I just got a can of navy blue paint so should be done quite soon
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    nice...
  • explosifpete
    aftermath of the seatpost removal and the start of the stripping.
    Should be making the brake bridge today..........if you don't have a brake is it still called a brake bridge? seat stay bridge maybe?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Watch out with the navy blue that it doesn't end up looking like a de-stickered Plug.

Personally I'd wire brush it all back for that brushed Ali/steel/ti look and throw some track deep rims on.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • explosifpete
    that's a good point, I've shinned it all up and it does look cool
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Stick with that look, get some stickers made up off the 'net (invent a make or base something on yor name in cool font)and job jobbed.

Deep rim wheels, jet black seat post, bars and stem. Be freakin' cool I reckon.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • explosifpete
    I have a thomson post for it a a collection of stems, some are black and the forks are still black....Hmmmm we shall see