Bell Super Helmet

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited May 2014 in MTB buying advice
Just wondering if anyone has one of these?

Tried one on in LBS last weekend and I'm set on buying one, but just wondering if anyone has used one for a while?

I've had my Flux for less than a year and while I've been impressed by the fit, the ratchet has given up and tbh is pretty crap!

Comments

• Proutster
    Proutster Posts: 785
    I've had mine since Xmas, love it!

Was a little worried it might get too hot but it was fine even in this week's 24-25 degree C temps.

Mine's in fluoro green - totally Enduro 8)
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    CRC are chucking out Troy Lee A1's for half price ATM, tried both the super and the A1 and there is no competition. Everyone of my mates who have tried mine have ended up getting one. Most comfortable helmet on the market, great quality and while it can get a little toasty the comfort they offer it's worth it!
  • Only problem is I cant try one... funny shaped head, giro helmets dont fit, the flux was ok.

Just the super fits like a glove!
  • Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    Free returns...
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • nick-gti
    nick-gti Posts: 131
    I have one and I love you :)

The A1's are meant to be very warm
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    I've also had mine since Xmas and absolutely love it. Somehow manages to be warm when it's cold but cool when it's hot. The padding is really nice quality, the straps are easy to adjust and it's just generally very nice. The Gopro mount is included which doesn't sound like much but the other helmets I've seen that have built in ones are only sold separately so that adds extra cost. It also works really well with goggles if that's your kind of thing but has problems with some glasses. Any that are like Oakley Radars that have wide arms won't fit past the sides to your ears but that's fine for me because it's more comfortable with goggles (it's where the strap sits).
  • Lewis A wrote:
    Free returns...

I thought places were iffy with protection returns, spexifically helmets..
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    Lewis A wrote:
    Free returns...

I thought places were iffy with protection returns, spexifically helmets..

CRC do returns with protection - its not condoms :lol:
  • Hmm... I thought a lot of online retailers are reluctant to accept returns for helmets.

Would prefer to get one from a shop I can walk into anyways.
  • Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    As long as you're careful with the packaging they shouldn't be, I had no problems.
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    Hmm... I thought a lot of online retailers are reluctant to accept returns for helmets.

Would prefer to get one from a shop I can walk into anyways.

I sent a 661 Recon back to CRC - Didn't fit my head at all but no issues with returns
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • Ferrals
    Ferrals Posts: 785
    I've been looking at these, the scott stego and the giro xar to replace my smashed helmet, any though on which is the best of them? (Sorry for thread semi hi-jack)