New Bike Park

welshkev
welshkev Posts: 9,690
edited May 2014 in MTB general

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,718
    Sounds very good and no longer to get to than Cwmcarn for me. I predict a bit of chaos on the first 'mountain bike drag lift' though :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • TJ20862
    TJ20862 Posts: 78
    Yer looks sik ;D
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    Yeah it looks awesome! How is the dragthing meant to work?
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Looks good but further than Gawton, Bike Park Wales, Cwmcarn, Triscombe Avil Ball, Coombe Sydenham or FoD.
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    Looks good but further than Gawton, Bike Park Wales, Cwmcarn, Triscombe Avil Ball, Coombe Sydenham or FoD.

Well, that really depends on where you live, doesn't it.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • welshkev

haha, yeah :lol:

but how is Cheltenham further from you than BPW? it's probably quicker to get to than FoD as it's right off the motorway and a similar distance as Cwmcarn.
  • rockmonkeysc
    welshkev wrote:

haha, yeah :lol:

but how is Cheltenham further from you than BPW? it's probably quicker to get to than FoD as it's right off the motorway and a similar distance as Cwmcarn.

It's about 10 miles further and there's a 50mph speed limit on most of the M4 for the next seventeen years.
    On the bright side though, I won't have to go in to Wales to get to Cheltenham.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Signed up for my day pass :)
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    The photos on their website show the improper use of plant and equipment which gives it all a bit of an amateurish feel.
    (Looks as if they don't know what they're doing)

For that reason I'm out...................
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    natrix wrote:
    The photos on their website show the improper use of plant and equipment which gives it all a bit of an amateurish feel.

Mmmmm. I detect roadie.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • natrix
    cooldad wrote:
    Mmmmm. I detect roadie.

Far from it, one of the Stickler/Tank traps/Seagull etc, etc, plant operators so I know a bit about it.......
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    edited May 2014
    Why do your posts appear to be predominantly in the gay section then?
  • cooldad
    natrix wrote:
    cooldad wrote:
    Mmmmm. I detect roadie.

Far from it, one of the Stickler/Tank traps/Seagull etc, etc, plant operators so I know a bit about it.......
    Good thing you didn't say designer or I'd be forced to hunt you down and kill you.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • welshkev
    natrix wrote:

Wtf? I won't ride these trails cos they were made by amateurs :shock: :lol:
  • cooldad
    welshkev wrote:
    natrix wrote:

Wtf? I won't ride these trails cos they were made by amateurs :shock: :lol:
    I like natural trails, which have roots and lumps and appear very amateurish.
    I blame god.
    And Wiggle.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Ryan Jones
    Ryan Jones Posts: 775
    I can see your point, after all I was seriously concerned about the workmanship of my LBS because I couldn't see the PAT sticker on the monitor on the counter. Very amateur if you ask me :roll:

Good project going on there, definitely going to have to make a trip once it opens !
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    natrix wrote:

Ummm, okay.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • natrix
    Why do your posts appear to be predominantly in the gay section then?

Gosh, homophobia, how very old-fashioned :roll:
  • rockmonkeysc
    They will only use the machines to get rough shapes of features, final shaping is usually by hand.
    Who cares if they're ametures with machines if the end result is good.
    Personally im not a big fan of bike park style trails, I prefer big rocks, nasty roots and drops with evil landings to prefectly groomed big jumps and berms. They all get ruined by braking bumps anyway.
  • Maro
    Maro Posts: 226
    I'm really looking forward to riding there, looks and sounds brilliant. I feel pretty lucky that I can drive to BPW, FoD, Cwmcarn and now this place within an hour, as well as having local trails 15mins ride away.
    Bird Aeris. DMR Trailstar. Spesh Rockhopper pub bike.
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    Bit of a result for me, 15 minutes away from home! Looking forward to the opening.
  • rockmonkeysc
    Maro wrote:
    I'm really looking forward to riding there, looks and sounds brilliant. I feel pretty lucky that I can drive to BPW, FoD, Cwmcarn and now this place within an hour, as well as having local trails 15mins ride away.

They were an hour away from me until all the speed cameras went up on the M4 at Brizzle.